Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, i've own this tiburon( 2004 v6gt 6sp) for three years now and nothing was wrong with it until last month. The car now have 50k miles on it.

I dont know how to explain this that well but ill try my best and hope that you guys understand what im talking about and if possible, try to help me. :3_pimatyo

- Every time i let go of my clutch to get off on first gear, my car just kicks one time hecka hard. Do you guys think it might be that my clutch is wearing out? But like when i rev the motor up to like 3000 rpm it doesnt kick. Sorry this might sound very confusing but theres no betterr way to explain it.

·
Registered
899 Posts
your stalling?...

im guessing you know how to drive a stick so that shouldnt be the case lol

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your stalling?...

im guessing you know how to drive a stick so that shouldnt be the case lol
Naw..im not stalling, i've been driving this car for 3 years, i think i know what im doing by now. aha
But yeah, its getting hella annoying because i cant figure out what the problem is, and everyone i asked dont know whats wrong with it either.

·
Registered
899 Posts
any other problems or is that it..no problems with it running after you pass first gear?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
any other problems or is that it..no problems with it running after you pass first gear?
umm..nope..when i go in to second it doesnt kick. Sometimes when im on like second or third gear..i feel like when i give it a lil gas the rpm jumps up high but the car is going at a lower speed. And sometimes when i step on the clutch to switch gear, it feels like the clutch want to get stuck.

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
7,687 Posts
so if you release the clutch from 3000 rpm it doesn't "kick" but if you try to take off normally it does "kick"?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
so if you release the clutch from 3000 rpm it doesn't "kick" but if you try to take off normally it does "kick"?
Yeah. When it kicks..it kicks hard like i just floored the gas pedal and let go

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is your check engine light on??

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope..everything is still fine. No light showing

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
yep sounds like a dead clutch, this happened to me. It would kick and buck in first gear trying to take off because the clutch was hopping on the flywheel. I just installed a Stage IV Spec Clutch and a 9lb fidanza flywheel and i LOVE it. go hit up KJB motorsports

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep sounds like a dead clutch, this happened to me. It would kick and buck in first gear trying to take off because the clutch was hopping on the flywheel. I just installed a Stage IV Spec Clutch and a 9lb fidanza flywheel and i LOVE it. go hit up KJB motorsports
Alright..that sounds right. Umm...how long can i drive my car until the clutch just die out?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
well i got to the point where i had to shut off the car to get it into reverse and first gear. and that was about 500miles

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
oh and also be expecting the labor to be anywhere from 800-1500 dollars before parts, i did the install my self. save a whole much of cash. all in all, I spent $980 for a stage IV Spec clutch, fidanza flywheel, and 120 bucks for fluids, (royal purple). but if you can do it ur self.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ouch...i dont want that to happen to me. Some times when i put my car on 1st gear while parking uphill, its hella hard for me to drop it back down to neutral. So its a bad clutch then. man this Whomps!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
if ur not a complete retard and know a little about cars you can do it, I just ripped into my car with no prior knowledge about clutches, before I did this the most advanced auto repair ive done was brakes. it took me some time yes, but was totally worth it in the end, took me 12 days, just because i did nothing but research for the first 8 lol. but you will need help droping the trans and the subframe. theres alot of stuff to unbolt

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
if ur not a complete retard and know a little about cars you can do it, I just ripped into my car with no prior knowledge about clutches, before I did this the most advanced auto repair ive done was brakes. it took me some time yes, but was totally worth it in the end, took me 12 days, just because i did nothing but research for the first 8 lol. but you will need help droping the trans and the subframe. theres alot of stuff to unbolt
WOW..i gotta check if theres a diy for this. And plus, i dont have a garage, i live in an apartment. Im not trying to pay to get it installed either, they're gonna charge me too much.

Alright thanks korndog i hope you're right.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
hey im not 100% sure that it is a dead clutch, try bleeding ur slave cyl. and also i would get it checked out by a professional. and yes there is a DIY but it misses alot of needed information. if you decide to install it and have questions just text me @ 815-409-5580 or AIM at Korndog517

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
could be the transmission mount, sounds pretty much the same as what my car does when i let go of the clutch
is that bad? did you get yours fixed?

hey im not 100% sure that it is a dead clutch, try bleeding ur slave cyl. and also i would get it checked out by a professional. and yes there is a DIY but it misses alot of needed information. if you decide to install it and have questions just text me @ 815-409-5580 or AIM at Korndog517
Alright..thanks, its just crazy how it just happens out of nowhere. it was going perfectly fine.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts