Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

My tiburon Road to recorvery

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Pjamjum 
#1 · (Edited)
Got my red rose tiburon accident on October. stay tune for the new paint recovery for my car.
(misspell recovery on the thread topic )

red rose --------> Atlantis BLUE..

See less See more
#3 ·
red rose tiburon before accident.

[/URL][/IMG]
I'd suggest using a different image upload site other than photobucket as they put in place new 3rd party sharing regulations that don't allow free accounts to share images across 3rd party websites. The paid membership to allow you to do so is ridiculously priced. I'd suggest Imgur as I and others have made the transition over to them.

#16 ·
What all did they do on the headlight refinish? If it's a quickly, it will be an issue in a few months.
If they did any sanding, what did they finish it with?

I ask since I have tried many quickie fixes, none lasted.
I now do a full sanding and a UV curable clearcoat that should last for years. If a replacement headlight is over $100US each, my full refinish makes sense (did a BMW 5 series SUV, lights were about $800 each aftermarket for Zenon), my daughters car is about $30 ea from RockAuto. Not worth it for a customer, I have the tools and supplies, so I'm doing them........

You have it easy, the 05 and up is a smooth headlight, I redid my wife's 04 with all the bulb blisters.....sucks......

#17 ·
they did the sanding to clear the headlight first. im not sure what they finish it with. but they use some meguiars products. they do it both inside and outside of the headlight. but off course there's small crack left but not so visible. they charge me around $60US for both.

#18 ·
Let us know how it holds up long term.

Reactions: Pjamjum
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.