Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I registered to participate in the Hyundai Adrenaline Tour at the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL on Sunday August 16th. The event is designed to let people turn loose the Genesis Coupe and experience the it's performance capabilities on a closed course. The event was free and they gave out free gifts the the participants that filled out a survey. the gits weren't okay, a Genesis Coupe drying cloth and this thing that opens up to 2 little storage bins.

Hyundai rented the 0.8 mile kart track at Autobahn Coutry Club for this event. Everyone got the option to drive twice for a total of 4 laps with any of the Coupes. Available were both the 3.8 V6 in auto or the 6 speed manual track package also the 2.0T model in auto or the 6 speed manual track package.

The track has 7 turns and a decent front straight. You first get into a car in the pit area and pull forward to the stop sign at the exit of the pits in turn 1. When there was some distance between you and the person ahead, you just slam the gas and drive however you want. The only rules were to stay on the track and that the traction control remain active. After turn 7 on your first lap, the instructor has you stop at the begining of the front straight to perform an acceleration test. Towards the end of the straight sits a speed radar, much like what you see the police put on public roads, that display your speed. The instructor says you can accelerate as fast as you want but to make sure you slow down enough for turn 1. After your second lap, you pull into the pits at turn 7 and that completes 1 of your 2 drives. Below is a map of the track.

Every so often, they would clear the track and 2 of their professional drivers, 1 in a manual V6 and the other in a manual turbo, would drift around the track with a someone in the passanger seat. I got to ride in the the 2.0T :biggrin: The guy kept spinning out on turn 6 lol

Over all it was a fun experience. After my 2nd run, I was able to sneak past the people that marked your wrist band after each run so I was able to make a 3rd pass! My first run was in a manual V6 and the other 2 were in a manual 2.0T. On my 3rd pass I attempted to drift turn 1 of lap 2. I was able to kick the rear out for like a second before the traction control told me to F myself.

Here are a few pictures I took of Rhys Millens "drift car" had a stock motor but everything else was built like his car and you could sit inside it. Also a picture of the track and the gifts.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was alot of fun, the cars handled great and the performance wasn't too bad. Obviously when your DD is faster then the Genesis Coupe it's gonna feel slower lol. I personally felt the 2.0T was quicker around the track. There's a little bit of body roll when taking corners but that is easily fixed with strut bars and the clutch is real grabby. My first 2 runs I didn't get the right gas/clutch combo when shifting to 2nd during the accel. test and the cars stumbled. By the 3rd run I had a better feel for it.

Overall I think its a very nice ride. With the aftermarket support that has already been blowing up, the necessary performance improvements can easily be made.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
hell i bet the genesis cloth alone made it all worthwhile.

if you have time get some more photos of it at different angles lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts