Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck won't open? i climbed back there and took off the cover and messed around and couldnt get it open. i pulled the button and tried having someone pull up on it. i used the key from the back and pushed down and pulled up. nothing is working. does anyone know what the problem is?

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
Your latch is stuck. Make sure the linkage is pulling the latch properly when you turn the key or hit the driver's door switch. If the latch mechanism is not turning, it will not free the lock.

Just make sure there is nothing in the way of it, and wd40 it if necessary.

Oh...btw...when you try to open it with the key, does the key actually turn or no?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your latch is stuck. Make sure the linkage is pulling the latch properly when you turn the key or hit the driver's door switch. If the latch mechanism is not turning, it will not free the lock.

Oh...btw...when you try to open it with the key, does the key actually turn or no?
yeah the key turns like normal and the latch sounds like its working when i pull the button. everything looks and sounds like normal except the hood stays locked...

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
Definitely sounds like a broken latch :(. That's tough to fix too, since your hatch won't open at all. Have the key turned in the unlocked position, tape it or what ever, or have a minion stand there holding it and try to free the latch with a small flathead. I've never even seen a broken latch on the boards in 5 years. Good luck...unfortunately that's all I got right now.

·
Hater With No Friends
11,098 Posts
Damn it, Tys Tib 03, you beat me to it. I was just about to say something along those lines.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, i got back there again and jammed something into my button so it held open and nothing so i got pissed from sitting uncomfortably in the back of my car and took the latch completely out and then just started pulling on the button. for some reason it opened? then the black and metal cover that you see from the outside that goes over the key hole fell down in my hatch. what a ****er! it took me the most time just trying to get that b!tch out. i put it all back and tested it again and my key will open it on the third try every time? the button works to open it again though. there was a little piece of plastic down there by the latch that might have blocked something?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem, the trunk won't open. The driver's door switch and the keyboard both work and latch mechanism is moving... still nothing..

[/QUOTE]o

1 - 9 of 9 Posts