Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my way home from work today on 85N coming up on 285 interchange when of coarse the usual traffic comes to a stop. Well i stop behind this nice 06 G35. I look up in my rear view mirror and see a Toyota Tacoma 4 door going almost sideways behind me. HE hit me, and it pushed my into the G35.

All said and done.. the G35 is minimal damage, almost cant see it, but we will most likely get a new rear bumper. My front bumper is messed up (damn just got it painted and put back on!) and maybe the suport behind it. Pretty sure the core support is ok because the hood closes ok. The back bumper, trunk, spoiler are all messed up. I think the tail light maybe cracked. Also it bent out the rear fender (1/4 panel... w/e). I dont think it hurt the exhaust or bent it but we will find out. IF it did they can fix or by me a new one...

The G35 driver is fine, the truck is fine, i wacked my head on the head rest. Had a major head ache and blured vision after so went to the hospital and they said i had light concussion and game me some pain medicine perscrption along with a shot of medicin and a lower tab pill so if my typing is off that is why!

Either way, this is it for the Tib. Im done, i need something bigger. i will get it fixed. part it out and trade it. I know my re sale value will go down and i will tell the guys insurance company i need compensation for that.

· Registered
643 Posts
That really sux A$$ bro!! And right after you just got your Stage IV installed...well you only had it on for less than a month or so, but you know what I mean. Hope you at least get a good settlement, and end up with a nice ride in the end.

· How do you change this?
2,294 Posts
Damn man that sucks..... If they total it are you gonna get a new one or sell it all off?

Post some pics if you can..

And FYI its Lor Tab not lower tab

· Registered
816 Posts
You think you're going to get extra money for depreciation of the vehicle due to an accident? Not likely...
You're supposed to... and at least 3 people I know of that have been in accidents have done so.

The latest was a 2005 Mustang GT.. he was rear ended and pushed into the car in front of him, damaging the rear, front and some of the side panels. Before his car was out of the shop, he had a check in hand from his insurance company for the depreciation... it wasn't a huge amount by any means, but it was something like $7xx. They will recoup that money from the other guy's insurance company. I can't remember if he is with State Farm or All State... one of the "State"s.

The other two were also 2004/2005 vehicles and I don't know who their insurance companies are.

· Registered
816 Posts
And FYI its Lortab not lower tab
Fixed it for ya.... anyone can bust on me for my spelling and grammar too... I suck at both. :3_winkthu

· How do you change this?
2,294 Posts
Fixed it for ya.... anyone can bust on me for my spelling and grammar too... I suck at both. :3_winkthu
I know but I was trying to emphasize the difference....and I aint no better at it either

and I said aint and no on purpose

· Registered
1,930 Posts
Are you kidding????????? You just upgraded to the Stg 4 too, holy you know what. Man I am sorry to hear. If you sell that stg 4 for less than i just bought mine....damn ;)

I wish you luck with whavever your decision is.

· Registered
1,480 Posts
Man that sucks. I think I was one of the first few to start this streak of damaged tibs. The damage to the back of your car sounds about the same as mine. If it is then Id seriously look very closely at the whole exhaust system. Mine was damaged and the body shop replaced from the axle back and it still doesn't sound right. Just worth taking a look at.

Good luck with the insurance company and glad to hear you are ok.

· Registered
623 Posts
Sorry to hear. it's always a shame

· Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats everyone. I will claim depreciated trade value on the car. The guy is Military and his insurance is USAA i think... Yes i did just get the stg4 on and a tune done. Also i messed my bumper up about a yr ago and just finally got a new one painted and put on along with painted headlights and brake calipers. Now i need a new front bumper. I will begin to take apart my car probably this weekend. The only part i wont remove is the exhaust, there is no damage to the tip but i want to take sure a pipe or something didnt get bent first, i will check today or tomorrow. I think its question i will leave it on there to be fixed or get me a new one from the Insurance company.

I plan to go SUV, im 6'5" and 250 lbs. I dont have much room to bounce around in my car so when i did it was pretty violent for such a small wreck. I really have been looking hard at the 4 door wranglers. I do like them.

After i get parts off and get some pics taken i will post a for sale thread. Everythng will be for sale except the headers which are staying on and the hood unless ur 05 moonlit blue and can meet me around here before monday

· Former Staff
5,452 Posts
You think you're going to get extra money for depreciation of the vehicle due to an accident? Not likely...

sorry about the accident.
That's the point of "gap insurance." If you have it, it picks up the difference between what you owe on the car and the value of the car. If you owe 15K on the car, the value is 12K, your regular insurance pays you the 12K, and your gap insurance kicks in the extra 3K. And some loan companies require you get it when you buy the car.

· Registered
816 Posts
That's the point of "gap insurance." If you have it, it picks up the difference between what you owe on the car and the value of the car. If you owe 15K on the car, the value is 12K, your regular insurance pays you the 12K, and your gap insurance kicks in the extra 3K. And some loan companies require you get it when you buy the car.
That's an accurate description of gap insurance, but that's not what we're talking about with depreciation in this case. Gap insurance kicks in if the total the car.

What we're talking about is... say,they fix the car instead of totalling it. The book value of the car in excellent condition is 12k, but if it's been in an accident and fixed, it might only be 10k. The insurance company is supposed to cut you a check for 2k for depreciation of the car.

It might depend on your insurance company as to whether they do it or not. I personally have never gotten it, but I've never been in an accident with a newer car either.

· Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i never got GAP, didnt need it because when i traded in for the Tib my trade value was so much that my total loan (tax, tag, title) was only $13000 on a brand new 05 Tiburon so i was way ahead of the depreciation curve.

My hood made it through no issues. which in a way i wished it wouldnt so i could get a stocker to be painted for re sale value

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.