Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have intake/exhaust, im about to get headers in a bit, but i have the opportunity to get a safc cheap, is tuning a car with these mods worth it? can you even do it? if not i will pass the safc up, i just want to know if the stock ecu is compensating for it perfectly or what? I know u tune a f/i car and make alot more power, will i make more power?

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Im not sure how much more power you will make but tuning your AF really never hurts. If you can get a sweet deal on it now i would say do it, at least you will be prepared to re-tune when you get your headers.

just my 0.02 :3_chubby:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
you will make more power when you tune the n/a setups. with intake, headers, exhaust, probably 8-10 extra little ponies with a tune.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
intake, headers and exhaust u can see around 5-8 max whp but u will get a very nice, strong power curve by tunning it.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Get the SAFC just make sure that it's not grey market or whatever they call it..

·
Registered
364 Posts
05GT said:
Get the SAFC just make sure that it's not grey market or whatever they call it..
What do you mean when you say grey market???? Do you mean a cheap knock off??

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Bangalang said:
What do you mean when you say grey market???? Do you mean a cheap knock off??

Yea,
There are knock-offs out there.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
and be ready for a fun install!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
and ready to write a thread up saying how you burned your ecu... and then have it fixed the next day

·
Registered
898 Posts
Definitely get the tuner. The car is pig rich from the factory. It won't hurt to lean it out a little bit and get a few extra ponies out of it.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Yeah the 03 Tib (like mine) had a real issue running pig rich,that's why they do so well with the dry nitrous system.The SAFC Definately helps throughout the power curve tho, specially from the midrange to top end. It keeps on pulling instead of falling off on power. I would definately get it if I was you :3_nosthum

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
what exactly is the price of said tuner? even though tuning for intake and exhaust probably wont be worth it if you are getting headers in the near future, buying the tuner now to use once you get headers is never a bad idea.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
$250ish ????? I think?

Somebody who has bought one....please tell us price between SAFC, Mafterburner, and the Unichip.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Mafterburner is $400 (i think but check NGM website), i bought my SAFC2 brand new from a member on here for $250 so its got to be close to that.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
ViolentB said:
you will make more power when you tune the n/a setups. with intake, headers, exhaust, probably 8-10 extra little ponies with a tune.
:3_withstu That's exactly how many HP I gained when I had my SAFC tuned on the dyno. 9 HP with headers, intake, and exhaust.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I got my SAFC-2 (still uninstalled) from Kelly used for 200. I've got an 03 and one of the members here (supertib or malogus) picked up 15whp from his tune with I/H/E which is what I have. I really need to get that biotch installed.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
xFloggingkylex said:
I got my SAFC-2 (still uninstalled) from Kelly used for 200. I've got an 03 and one of the members here (supertib or malogus) picked up 15whp from his tune with I/H/E which is what I have. I really need to get that biotch installed.
Yeah the 03's pick up at least 5 more whp than the 04's+

1 - 20 of 32 Posts