Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1100 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chmuraman said:
what's your tib look like? i might have seen it around here somewhere.
Black 03 GT V6 tib with mussa dual angle-tipped exhaust. Also got strut bars (rrm front and rear), bass tib short shifter and AEM cold air... but those you can't really see. Iowa Plates. Usually I can be seen around Miracle Hills area between 8 and 5.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chmuraman said:
ahh, i think i know where that is now. here is a link to my cardomain page if you want to check mine out.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2446311
Nice. I just bought some nitto neo gen tires 225/45 today to replace my pirelli p7000s. Hopefully my eibach pro-system springs and dampers will arrive this week (nopi said that they've been shipped) and I can get it thrown on.

Are those Tuscani guages set in english system or in metric? I've been looking for a gauge set in english to install because I'm getting ready to throw in a stereo face with an aux input for ipod integration.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Kokoro- said:
Nice. I just bought some nitto neo gen tires 225/45 today to replace my pirelli p7000s. Hopefully my eibach pro-system springs and dampers will arrive this week (nopi said that they've been shipped) and I can get it thrown on.

Are those Tuscani guages set in english system or in metric? I've been looking for a gauge set in english to install because I'm getting ready to throw in a stereo face with an aux input for ipod integration.

all of mine are english, but im pretty sure that actual korean tuscani's are metric. sounds like you are going with a pretty nice stereo set up. i was thinking about replacing my head unit with an ipod friendly one, but i went to best buy and found one of those fm transmitters and it is the greatest thing. you plug it in your cigarette lighter and it charges your ipod while you are playing it. it has presets to for when you are driving long distances. just throwing that out there because it only cost 100 bucks as opposed to the 200-300 for a whole new head unit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chmuraman said:
all of mine are english, but im pretty sure that actual korean tuscani's are metric. sounds like you are going with a pretty nice stereo set up. i was thinking about replacing my head unit with an ipod friendly one, but i went to best buy and found one of those fm transmitters and it is the greatest thing. you plug it in your cigarette lighter and it charges your ipod while you are playing it. it has presets to for when you are driving long distances. just throwing that out there because it only cost 100 bucks as opposed to the 200-300 for a whole new head unit.

Yeah, I got this one made by Monster which I use. Radio never sounded so good. Thing is, I don't like having wires showing and stuff. Anyway, I saw they had an aux-input adapter for the stock head unit, so I'm going to try to grab one of those instead of going out and buying a different HU.

Anyway, still waiting for my springs and dampers... these things are taking forever to get to me. I blew the sidewall on my rear tire on saturday so my car is currently not being driven while I wait for the new tires.

·
Registered
98 Posts
man, that sucks about your tire blowing out. so are you putting in the springs your self or having someone do it for you. i was thinking about getting some springs next but was wondering who was reliable at installing parts on our cars in our area.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Planning on doing it myself and then taking the car in to get the tires mounted and balanced and then to get an alignment. I got a friend who has done all this stuff before with other cars.... I heard changing out the suspension sucks, especially when the car is a couple of years old. Probably more than a little rust going on, heh.

Anyway, when I finally get these springs and dampers in I'll let you know. More than happy to get some more help on the installation. These things usually take forever for me to do because I'm a newb at the whole aftermarket scene and don't wanna mess anything up - or break anything through ignorance.

If you're considering have a shop do it, I think pretty much any body shop would do it. Don't know how much they'd charge, though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
yeah, i really dont know my a$$ from a hole in the ground when it comes to suspension maintenance, or foriegn cars for that matter. but i would always rather have a professional do any thing like that just because if he screws up, he pays. if i screw up, tuff ****!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yeah, but it's a lot more fun to work on it yourself.... and since you save all that money by doing it yourself you getta buy the next mod sooner!

My suspension kit and tires just arrived today! Looks like this weekend is going to be one long fun-filled weekend for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
chmuraman said:
havent heard from ya in a while, just curious to see if you got your suspension stuff installed. if so, put some pics up and lets check it out!!

Yeah, finished installing it saturday the 7th. Took a little bit of work. That friday my buddy came over with his grinder and we just ground the nuts off the stabilizer links. I totally replaced the stabilizer link on the front passenger side, heh.

It's nice. The car corners great now with the struts and springs and the strut bars. Feels really solid.

When I get back next week I'll see if I can get some pics of it.

It's actually a fairly straight forward and easy install, just time consuming and the stabilizer links can be a bit awkward. Definitely worth the wait and the cost.

The nitto neogen tires I got are the best tires I've had on the car so far. Quiet and grip good in wet and dry. Hoping there aren't any serious snows happening for a while yet so I can enjoy them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Im also from Omaha,NE 03 GTV6 black rims single exhaust dont know if you have seen it I have seen a few tibs with tuscani badges around here...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JDATibby said:
Im also from Omaha,NE 03 GTV6 black rims single exhaust dont know if you have seen it I have seen a few tibs with tuscani badges around here...

Nice... that brings the tally up to 3 of us for sure, heh. I wish I got black or at least gun metal rims... think those look a bit nicer on the black car than the steel grey I've got right now.

Anyways.. guess I'm just saying hi.

1 - 20 of 1100 Posts