Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well right now I am running just tein springs. My car just passed 70k and it is starting to make a clunk.

While I am not surprised the suspension is going out, since I did lower it without dampers and I do drive it a lot and hard, my question is what should I replace in it for the noise most likely and also what would be the better after market part?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
What kind of clunking noise do you mean? Can you describe it better?

·
Pete: The Man
5,916 Posts
The name given to either of the two drive shafts that runs from the transaxle to the wheels in a front-wheel drive vehicle.

They are a PITA IMO.......Usually a noise will stem from a crack somewhere or something.....well, in my cases at least. May be a C/V joint.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hm sounds expensive. I am going to put the car on a lift this sunday, hopefully it will be something I can buy an aftermarket part for, to make my soon coming sig a bit longer.

·
5,916 Posts
lol....yeah, it can get expensive. Look around for any slight cracks and stuff. Sometimes they stand out easily, and sometimes they're right in front of you, and you don't see them. Not sure what aftermarket options are out there for this though....meh, good luck man.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Ready2Play you the man lol. If i had seen his second ? i would have posted a diagram as well haha

I would say get it in the air and check the boots to see if they are cracked and or torn....

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I think i am in the same boat, i get a clunk when i first leave but non after that just the next day or something i go to leave again clunk then its gone, what do you guys think?

·
5,916 Posts
I think i am in the same boat, i get a clunk when i first leave but non after that just the next day or something i go to leave again clunk then its gone, what do you guys think?
Where are you hearing the clunk? Front or rear? I ask because I just thought about it.....and with your case, it sounds like it could be something as simple as maybe an ebrake sticking. I have also had something similar to this happen. In all honesty, I would need to HEAR the actual sound and area first hand. Same with you rbg.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Where are you hearing the clunk? Front or rear? I ask because I just thought about it.....and with your case, it sounds like it could be something as simple as maybe an ebrake sticking. I have also had something similar to this happen. In all honesty, I would need to HEAR the actual sound and area first hand. Same with you rbg.
I am 99.9% shur it is the front like the cv is making the noise or maby my poly motormount is loose?? thats what i think it isbut the car is parket for winter so i have not yet had a chance to look into it,

It would be too sweet if it was the e-break sticking

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Rob I had similar probs after putting on Eibach Pro's on stock struts @ 60,000 mi. I recently replaced my struts with Koni's. All is quiet and the ride is great.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rob I had similar probs after putting on Eibach Pro's on stock struts @ 60,000 mi. I recently replaced my struts with Koni's. All is quiet and the ride is great.
Ha, you should have waited till after korean day to say that. Now I am going to be pestering your during lunch to do mine. Where did you buy yours from? Was it a decent price?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.