Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for all you audio techs, here's the situation..

I have an amp installed in my car, 4 chan, but I bridge it to power my sub once in a while when I decide to put it in. I have just purchased 4 new speakers for the car, and decided to use the current amp to power them, and remove the sub all together.

Just making sure I have all my info right before I start taking stuff apart.

In order to wire my speakers to my amp, I must run all new wires from the amp to the speakers (one chan per speaker)

The part I find confusing is, I must also run wires from my deck to my amp in order to tell the speakers what to do. Are these the Same wires that are currently running to my speakers? Grey and white pos and neg (or whatever colors they are). So If i just change these from my speakers to my amp, then run new wires from the amp to the speakers all should be good?

Sorry if there's already info or a DIY on this, I was unable to find one.

Any help would be great :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
i had to remove my stock infinity amp cause it blew up(actually got wet) not shure how, if yournot affraid of a little wiring i can walk u through it, the stock infinty anp is good but your deck power is compareable if not better! mine was i hacked the harness to make my stereo work again! and its not that hardeither to find your leads alls u need is a DMM( votlemeter) or a 9 volt little battery will work to! cutters,wire nuts,blacktape, but connectors pick your poison!

u could run new wires or slpice into your stock harness, there are 2 clips ones the power for the system, wich is powere all the time mind u i found out the hard way! water and amps dont work well, it was odd my amp would turn on and ground out even when the car was off! dont ask because i still havent figurred it out!

i think it even uses floating grounds to im not shure! dont rember!

i know im flooding your thread up with hits and im sorry i just need 6 more posts before i can post in the PARTS FOR SELL forum! sory about this!

yeah i can help u do anything u want add amps add subs, shakers u name it, AV system been installing for more years than i care to rember!

i believe your stock speaker were 10 ohm, but im not shure, your sub in the back is a DVC with dual 2ohm coils by putting your aftermarket speakers wich have a 4 ohm load not includeing the 8 ohm door tweeters wich puts the nominal impedece of your fronts some where in the area of 6 to 7 and your rears at 4 wich can make your infinty amp go into cardiac arreset mode mine did and thats what may have lead to its failure, so your better off bypassing the amp and splicing intho the harness or running new wires what ever floats your boat but u will have to take the door pannels off and u will have watch for grounding out issues that loom is not that big and i would use atleast 14 to 16 guage wire the stuff at wallmart works well! and its cheap used the high end stuff for years and i cant tell the difference! but this can all be dine any way u see fit! just let me knoW

well yeah that changes everything! check out my thread i started, im selling my stereo u might be interested never know!! well than it comes down to u really having to rewire your replacement speakers the stock wiring really sux its like 20 guage i think! is not really that hard u just have to make a bundle wiring the doors will be the hardest just make shure u get it inside the loom! it theres anything else i can do let me know!

are u using pre outs are are u using the high lever inputs that makes a huge differece in sound your not very specificbut in thereoy alls u have to do is replace the leads from deck to the outputs of the amp and your set assuming u are using pre-outs!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It kinda makes sense now..I should have mentioned that I don't have the infiniti systems and amp, I installed the amp myself. Im gonna draw a quick diagram to show you what I mean by using the old speaker wires to run to the amp, give me 2 minutes

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, I don't have a stock amp and sub, my amp is a kenwood 4 chan at 50 w pr chan at 4 ohm, all my speakers match the Amp at around 50 watts rms each at 4 ohm, it's just the wiring I'm having trouble with... here...

·
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus
7,099 Posts
i had to remove my stock infinity amp cause it blew up(actually got wet) not shure how, if yournot affraid of a little wiring i can walk u through it, the stock infinty anp is good but your deck power is compareable if not better! mine was i hacked the harness to make my stereo work again! and its not that hardeither to find your leads alls u need is a DMM( votlemeter) or a 9 volt little battery will work to! cutters,wire nuts,blacktape, but connectors pick your poison!

u could run new wires or slpice into your stock harness, there are 2 clips ones the power for the system, wich is powere all the time mind u i found out the hard way! water and amps dont work well, it was odd my amp would turn on and ground out even when the car was off! dont ask because i still havent figurred it out!

i think it even uses floating grounds to im not shure! dont rember!

i know im flooding your thread up with hits and im sorry i just need 6 more posts before i can post in the PARTS FOR SELL forum! sory about this!

yeah i can help u do anything u want add amps add subs, shakers u name it, AV system been installing for more years than i care to rember!

i believe your stock speaker were 10 ohm, but im not shure, your sub in the back is a DVC with dual 2ohm coils by putting your aftermarket speakers wich have a 4 ohm load not includeing the 8 ohm door tweeters wich puts the nominal impedece of your fronts some where in the area of 6 to 7 and your rears at 4 wich can make your infinty amp go into cardiac arreset mode mine did and thats what may have lead to its failure, so your better off bypassing the amp and splicing intho the harness or running new wires what ever floats your boat but u will have to take the door pannels off and u will have watch for grounding out issues that loom is not that big and i would use atleast 14 to 16 guage wire the stuff at wallmart works well! and its cheap used the high end stuff for years and i cant tell the difference! but this can all be dine any way u see fit! just let me knoW

well yeah that changes everything! check out my thread i started, im selling my stereo u might be interested never know!! well than it comes down to u really having to rewire your replacement speakers the stock wiring really sux its like 20 guage i think! is not really that hard u just have to make a bundle wiring the doors will be the hardest just make shure u get it inside the loom! it theres anything else i can do let me know!

are u using pre outs are are u using the high lever inputs that makes a huge differece in sound your not very specificbut in thereoy alls u have to do is replace the leads from deck to the outputs of the amp and your set assuming u are using pre-outs!
Posts merged.

Post count reduced by 7......

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol good thing, because none of it was helpful. I don't need anymore car audio, especially some high end stuff.
I just need the simple question answered...

Can I use the wires i'm currently running from my deck to my speakers, to run to my amp instead, and then run a new set of wires from the amp to the speakers. The diagram above is so ridiculously simple IMO. It's a yes or no question lol.

Can anyone tell me yes, or explain why not and what I should do.

·
Registered
561 Posts
yes u can, use the preouts on your deck to run to your amp or use the high lever inputs than use the amp and tie into your stock wires or run new ones theres no problem any wich way u wana do it! they both work fine especialy if your running low curent! anything else i can help u with!

·
Registered
561 Posts
sorry for lighting your thread up! a while back just got a bit carried away. i think i becoming OCD! not shure, but are u using low level inputs like RCA or high lever inputs to the amp life from the speaker outputs to your the high leverl inputs on the amp!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts