Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'll admit it, I do not know as much as I would like to abour cars.

I am running an Injen SRI and SSA headers and cat with a punched out cat.

What do bigger throttle bodies do?

What do new pulleys do?

What else besides going F/I can I do to make my car faster?

Please let me know.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Throttle bodies are where all the air goes through to get into the intake manifold. A bored throttle body has a lerger inlet thus letting much more air in. you will also notice better throttle response with an increase in power. I dont know the stock throttle body size, but NGM has one thats 60mm and i know theres one on kspec.com.

I'm not too sure about the pulleys, I know you do get some power after putting these smaller ones on. But if you ever do go F/I, I've been told the pulleys are a no no.

Theres plenty of things you can do to your tib, check out my thread. I have a list of most of the engine mods i want to do with prices and where you can get the parts from.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85828
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
I read in an article that the 60mm throttle body only adds an extra 2 or 3hp, but I think if you go F/I the hp gains are are greater.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
the Throttle body itself will net u a small gain but opening up only part on the intake system is not worth they money for TB to me. If u want to do it and do it right get Intake manifolds (both upper and lower) and the TB ported to the same size. NGM stg4 and TB set up is the best to go with IMO if ur willing to spend the $$$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
It may only add 2-3 hp's, but that is what he is looking for, more power, right? I also believe it helps smooth out the power curve, which in turn will give you improved power gains all the way through! I wouldn't say don't do it unless your goign to get upper/lower IM's first, because if you get them first and not the TB, your going to still be pulling air through the same 45MM TB(I believe that is factory), so you still won't see the full gains from them! That is like telling someone not to get exhaust unless they do headers and CAI/SRI at the same time or visa-versa. 2-3 HP's is 2-3 more than you had and that is all that matters, sometimes it's the small increadses that go a long ways. <-- Man that sounds like a Vin F&F line for some reason! JMO! L8R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,685 Posts
A new Throttle body will help bring in more air, however it's only a few mm larger,,, it'd be best combined with the larger intake manifolds as mentioned above. Pullies are a great option if you're going to stay n/a, the pullies basically spin faster by slowing your accesories like the alternator (taking power from one place and putting it in another place) so you don't want to compete in audio compititions,,,,cause the alternator won't be able to keep up. The pullies will help you accelerate faster. A tuning device like Mafturburner ,safcII, or unichip will help bring together all your n/a mods,,,,,and NGM just came out with cams for the n/a applications. All that should throw you around or above the 200hp mark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
kartunez said:
It may only add 2-3 hp's, but that is what he is looking for, more power, right? I also believe it helps smooth out the power curve, which in turn will give you improved power gains all the way through! I wouldn't say don't do it unless your goign to get upper/lower IM's first, because if you get them first and not the TB, your going to still be pulling air through the same 45MM TB(I believe that is factory), so you still won't see the full gains from them! That is like telling someone not to get exhaust unless they do headers and CAI/SRI at the same time or visa-versa. 2-3 HP's is 2-3 more than you had and that is all that matters, sometimes it's the small increadses that go a long ways. <-- Man that sounds like a Vin F&F line for some reason! JMO! L8R
sorry about just throwin this out there, but i was wondering what the lower manifold is? I've seen the upper, but never the lower.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
Tuscani911 said:
sorry about just throwin this out there, but i was wondering what the lower manifold is? I've seen the upper, but never the lower.
It is what the upper connects to, and then it is what flows the air to each cylinder! Look on NGM's site, I beleive he has a pic of it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kartunez said:
It may only add 2-3 hp's, but that is what he is looking for, more power, right? I also believe it helps smooth out the power curve, which in turn will give you improved power gains all the way through! I wouldn't say don't do it unless your goign to get upper/lower IM's first, because if you get them first and not the TB, your going to still be pulling air through the same 45MM TB(I believe that is factory), so you still won't see the full gains from them! That is like telling someone not to get exhaust unless they do headers and CAI/SRI at the same time or visa-versa. 2-3 HP's is 2-3 more than you had and that is all that matters, sometimes it's the small increadses that go a long ways. <-- Man that sounds like a Vin F&F line for some reason! JMO! L8R
Upper and Lower I/M's....

Intake manifold?

Where would I find those?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
NGM has them and so does Road Race and i think SSA has 1 also now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
SSA only has upper for now, there is also going to be another contender very soon I hope, and he will offer both upper and lower. Not sure of when they will be released, but will be worth the wait!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
kartunez said:
It is what the upper connects to, and then it is what flows the air to each cylinder! Look on NGM's site, I beleive he has a pic of it!
Thanks man, I see what you're talking about. And by the way... Whos the new contender with the manifolds?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top