Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Tiburon gt and yesterday I took my cold air intake out to seal a hole that was on it since I got codes P1166 and P1167 about the O2 sensor thinking that there was air coming out of the hole from the intake. So I sealed it and realized I need power steering fluid. I go to AutoZone and the car is running weird and usually it shifts gears (it's automatic btw) around 3-4 and now it's shifting later at 4-5 rpms. Thought it was weird. When I got home I parked on the driveway (it's slanted) real quick to open the garage and when I got back to put the car in the garage, I shifted from park to drive and my car made a loud clunking noise. I pulled it into the garage and next thing you know the engine is blowing hot air at me. It seems like it's coming from under the engine right behind the bumper where I'm guessing is the exhaust manifold. And then I started to hear a static noise near the spark plugs. Not too sure what's happening. If anyone could help.or give me an idea on what's going on that'd be very appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like your engine and tranny might me running a little hot. When was last time you had either coolant or trans fluid changed?
I got my car back in July last year and never changed it so maybe that might be it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could your o2 sensor have fallen out/fallen apart? Is this a 4 cyl?
im not sure if it fell out or fell apart how can I tell? And this is a 6 cyl. I used my ob2 scanner and ran an I/m readiness and it says that the evap, o2s and cat are the only ones not completed. I don't know why it's telling me that. But I've been driving it since yesterday and no codes have popped up. But it just feels weird whenever I'm at a stop because the brake pedal feels shaky when I'm at a complete stop and the car also feels shaky as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Make sure your vac lines and sensors are connected well first off. also change your coolant. Its worth it for piece of mind fam. And you should be able to see the lower o2 sensors from under the car, the top back is hard to

·
Registered
855 Posts
So all these issues only began immediately after you removed and then reinstalled the CAI?

I'd start by looking if you knocked something during the removal/install.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So all these issues only began immediately after you removed and then reinstalled the CAI?

I'd start by looking if you knocked something during the removal/install.
so I had the code P1166 and P1167 pop up because there was a tiny hole in my CAI and also the rubber sleeve connecting the CAI to the throttle body was slipping out of the hose clamp so I fixed the sleeve and put jb weld on the hole to cover it and before i did that the car was running fine and now that I put it back in it was running weird. Could it be possible that a nut from a bolt could fall INTO the transmission? Or just on top? If so how would I get it out? I feel as if something must've fallen out but I have everything I took out back in.

·
Registered
855 Posts
so I had the code P1166 and P1167 pop up because there was a tiny hole in my CAI and also the rubber sleeve connecting the CAI to the throttle body was slipping out of the hose clamp so I fixed the sleeve and put jb weld on the hole to cover it and before i did that the car was running fine and now that I put it back in it was running weird. Could it be possible that a nut from a bolt could fall INTO the transmission? Or just on top? If so how would I get it out? I feel as if something must've fallen out but I have everything I took out back in.
Not possible to drop something in the transmission. Speaking of that, have you checked the tranny fluid lately?

Did you disconnect the MAF sensor at all? The "static" noise you're hearing could be some vacuum leak.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just wanna say you probably knocked something lose,check everything that you can. also how long did you wait before said sealant to dry? Annddd whats your oil level at?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not possible to drop something in the transmission. Speaking of that, have you checked the tranny fluid lately?

Did you disconnect the MAF sensor at all? The "static" noise you're hearing could be some vacuum leak.
I checked but it looks still red and at the level it should be but since I haven't changed it ever I'm going to soon. And with the MAF I accidentally forgot to plug it back in when I turned on the car but I didn't drive it I just had it running. Not even for like 5 minutes though and i remembered and turned off the car and plugged it back asap. And the static was coming from on top of the engine near a spark plug too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just wanna say you probably knocked something lose,check everything that you can. also how long did you wait before said sealant to dry? Annddd whats your oil level at?
maybe I gotta check to make sure everything is fine, because it's still shaking alot and feeling weird on the pedals since it's shaking alot down there. Especially the brake pedal. And with the sealant it said to have it dry for 6 hours but had it dry for 24 instead to be safe. And the oil level is a bit below full.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im starting to wonder if its the vac hose from the intake to the back valve cover. My cars a mess atm but heres a pic of that hose.
it's been connected but here's a pic of it and my cars a mess too. I'm hoping that changing the tranny fluid and the coolant fluid will fix my situation.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is that the stock maf? Running anything other than a siemens will make your car run sh1tty.
no it's an aem maf sensor
ahh those as far as i know are pretty decent, but maybe try some maf cleaner on it as well. Maybe some debris got on it? Idk buddy im no expert but i can help from the problems ive had over the last decade with mine 😂
okay I'll do that because pretty soon I was thinking about changing the fluid to the coolant and the transmission and then maybe the oil as well and add some non slip to the transmission fluid when I change it to help. And i love this car and I don't wanna have problems with this like I did with my eclipse and it was a huge mess 😂 do you know if you had to get your car tuned or anything after putting on a CAI?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I didnt need to but i did a while after i put it on and it added some more umph. i dont have a cai its the stock elbow to the maf and a spector pod filter on the maf and a metal zip tie to hold it up 😂 but th

1 - 20 of 37 Posts