Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I'm at the stage where I'm about to go out and buy full length exhaust most likely I'll be going with these headers and with the Injen SES1375 Exhaust through here (by the way it's not pictured but can someone confirm for me this setup actually has dual tips?) ... I intend to get it installed by the dealership I'm working at currently (They quoted me a killer price) so I won't need to worry about install. Still I'd like comments before I go out and spend some serrious money on a couple of bolt on's - just want to make sure I'm doing the correct upgrades.

Also if anyone could tell me - how loud will these upgrades make the car when driving? (I use this car as a daily driver and I'd like it to remain fairly silent during normal driving conditions under hard acceleartion I don't care if it howls)... Two more questions now - Whats the next upgrade I should be planning on doing? I imagine since I've not touched anything else (just intake and soon to be exhaust) I should probably either rechip the car (and if so who makes a good gtv6 auto 2006 chip?)? Also a freind of mine has advised I should probably switch to synthetic oil however I get free oil changes from the dealership every 5k miles so I'm not convinced I should - still I value your oppinions so I'd like to know what you think.

Thanks alot,
Glavius

·
Registered
898 Posts
Pretty loud man, especially if you run without a cat. I had a custom single HKS Ti setup with shark racing/evo fusion headers and my car was loud

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the hotshot headers (the ones i linked) come with a highflow cat

·
Registered
898 Posts
Glavius said:
the hotshot headers (the ones i linked) come with a highflow cat
it'll be a little lower with the cat, but its still going to be loud.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm in which case that won't work just currious what would work then? I've heard Apexi might work but I had decided on injen because I'd been informed the SES1375's were quiet... (unless this is an issue with the headers and not the exhaust) any recomendation as to what I should possibly look at would be appreciated

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Glavius said:
Also if anyone could tell me - how loud will these upgrades make the car when driving? (I use this car as a daily driver and I'd like it to remain fairly silent during normal driving conditions under hard acceleartion I don't care if it howls)... Two more questions now - Whats the next upgrade I should be planning on doing? I imagine since I've not touched anything else (just intake and soon to be exhaust) I should probably either rechip the car (and if so who makes a good gtv6 auto 2006 chip?)? Also a freind of mine has advised I should probably switch to synthetic oil however I get free oil changes from the dealership every 5k miles so I'm not convinced I should - still I value your oppinions so I'd like to know what you think.

Thanks alot,
Glavius
The injen exhaust is great, its one of the quieter ones also. But just remember any exhaust with headers is going to be loud. For daily driving I dont think it'll really be that bad. You can get dynamat so the noise is just on the outside.

Your next upgrade should be a mafterburner so you can get a custom tune rather than a flash. Every car is different and the MB tuner is easy to use and install. You just have to go to a dyno to tune or ask t/c for numbers.

You can switch to synethic, if your dealership is giving free oil changes that should include labor also. So buy synethic and still get that labor part free. Or better yet just do it yourself and save the receipts of buying the oil and filters for proof that you changed it yourself.

Hope that helped.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
without a cat it will be loud. mine set up is catless and when i talk on the phone and drive (normal shifts round 3k rpms) ppl can still hear the car while im talking to them on the phone.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lostdestiny14 said:
The injen exhaust is great, its one of the quieter ones also. But just remember any exhaust with headers is going to be loud. For daily driving I dont think it'll really be that bad. You can get dynamat so the noise is just on the outside.

Your next upgrade should be a mafterburner so you can get a custom tune rather than a flash. Every car is different and the MB tuner is easy to use and install. You just have to go to a dyno to tune or ask t/c for numbers.

You can switch to synethic, if your dealership is giving free oil changes that should include labor also. So buy synethic and still get that labor part free. Or better yet just do it yourself and save the receipts of buying the oil and filters for proof that you changed it yourself.

Hope that helped.
Hey thanks for the help truly usefull information - However I now have a question - I notice that the hotshot headers say some welding is required to install the headers - I do not know how to do that is it truly required? If so could someone point me in the direction of headers that don't require welding and have (or offer) a highflow cat?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Glavius said:
Hey thanks for the help truly usefull information - However I now have a question - I notice that the hotshot headers say some welding is required to install the headers - I do not know how to do that is it truly required? If so could someone point me in the direction of headers that don't require welding and have (or offer) a highflow cat?
Before you purchase the headers i would read this thread
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83648&page=1&pp=25
Your link to the headers is their old website. Here is a link to the new one.
https://www.shop.hotshot.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=5&categoryId=4

1 - 9 of 9 Posts