Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need Help: Installing an 03 Billet Grill

Ok, I just bought an 03-04 billet grill off a member...but when I went to install it, nothing lined up. Plus, there are two bolts sticking out from the bottom, but there are no holes in the bumper for them to go into. Can anyone with a billet grill offer me any insight? Please...

·
Registered
354 Posts
I didnt have any bolts with mine i got mine off ebay and just zip ties and you cant even see them. thats all it. other then that i dont know what to tell you i didnt have any problems

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
youknowit said:
I didnt have any bolts with mine i got mine off ebay and just zip ties and you cant even see them. thats all it. other then that i dont know what to tell you i didnt have any problems
Hmm, well thanks anyway :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mine is the same as youknowit. Can you take a pic of it and post it? Is the bolt on the upper or lower grille?

NoS

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NoS said:
Mine is the same as youknowit. Can you take a pic of it and post it? Is the bolt on the upper or lower grille?

NoS
The bolts are sticking out from the bottom of the upper grill. I'll take a pic later today and post it.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
maybe it was meant for an 05??
Chase
pics will help

·
Registered
456 Posts
my grills had no bolts....just a metal bar to put behind the grill then zip tie from the holes on the back of the grills to the back and around the bar. Whala new grills........zipties ftw man, use black though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got the same one... Your only choices are to grind down the bolts, or drill a couple holes in your bumper... I drilled the holes, they aren't very big at all, and it looks just fine when it's in... But I also didnt have a grinder to take the bolts down... So the choice is up to you.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Sorry for the delay, here is a pic of the grill. The bolts I told you about are circled in red:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Whoa, never saw that when I installed my billet grill. Was the grille from the company Mr. Grille?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
redtuscani said:
Whoa, never saw that when I installed my billet grill. Was the grille from the company Mr. Grille?
I have no idea where it came from...I bought it from another NT member.

·
Registered
733 Posts
That is the way its suppose to be! I bought one off ebay from the seller for $40. Just drill two holes in your bumper where you want it, and i used 2 zip ties that attach to the hole on the grill that look like a bolt should go through them. These zip ties i attached to the engine latch bracket and a screw hole in front of the radiator. I was skeptical at first but you cant see the zip ties and it is holding great!!
Ken

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
young tibby said:
That is the way its suppose to be! I bought one off ebay from the seller for $40. Just drill two holes in your bumper where you want it, and i used 2 zip ties that attach to the hole on the grill that look like a bolt should go through them. These zip ties i attached to the engine latch bracket and a screw hole in front of the radiator. I was skeptical at first but you cant see the zip ties and it is holding great!!
Ken
You sure? What size bit did you use to drill the hole? I dont want to make the hole too big.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Just put this grill on today in my tib. I took out the old gril and pushed the new one back as far as it would go. Drilled the 2 little hole and mounted it. Looks great and didnt need the zip ties. Make sure you center the grill though and dont get it to close to the sides of your bumper. This install took me like 15 mintues to do

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bjbj18 said:
Just put this grill on today in my tib. I took out the old gril and pushed the new one back as far as it would go. Drilled the 2 little hole and mounted it. Looks great and didnt need the zip ties. Make sure you center the grill though and dont get it to close to the sides of your bumper. This install took me like 15 mintues to do
So basically, I'll have to drill two holes in my bumper?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just used ties on mine....no bolts and I have the full grill. Not just the top one. They have been on my ride for about 6 months or so, they dont move at all.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts