Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My birthday is coming in 2 months and looking to upgrade my 2003 V6GT Auto

Right now i am not interested in cosmetic. I think i have done enough to keep me happy right now. But what i want to do is make my car go faster.

I have:
CAI

My plans are:
Headers
Exhaust
Big Bore Thottle
Intake

Chances are i need to do them one at a time. where should i start? In the Future i would like to go turbo but not quite sure when. I dont want to do anything that will lose power or not compatible with the change of set up.

Could someone please guide me in the right direction.

and dont tell me to use the search button because all i do is read on this site and i am still a little confused

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Well you should get headers, exhaust, intake then a fuel tuner. Before getting a BBTB I would say get an IM. but i could be wrong on that one. People have realized very little gains from a BBTB.

However, if you get headers, when you get a turbo you will need to get different headers or have somecustom work done to get them to work with the turbo. If you want a turbo so badly, I would suggest you wait on the headers till you can do the turbo at the same time.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
ok. well u got a good list. only thing i suggest is dont worry with the BBTB, gains are minimal at best unless for sure going to do Turbo/SC. IF u plan to turbo then dont buy headers now because you need turbo headers for a turbo set up.

Ok as far as headers: everyone will tell you there brand is best. Word of wise, stay away from SSA, you get what you pay for. Some people have good luck with them but the bad seem to outweigh the good. I have DC sports headers, ceramic coated, no CEL's and the o2 sensor bolt right into stock location with no wire extending needed. There is no Catalytic converter though and it can get loud without one and some states u fail emissions with that. U can get a cat welded in by a shop though but if thats ur route i suggest going with a diffrent set of headersthat has a test pipe.

Exhaust: one again, everyone will tell u there's is the best. I have DC exhaust. Fitment was great, fit in the bumper great and even, under axle design (less bends, less restrictions). There is an SSA but i warn once again to stay away. Borla does provide a quieter tone IMO

Intake Manifold: everyone will agree. NextgenMotorsports is place for this item. Go with the stage4, its incredible. I could feel the diffrence first time driving with it on. It looks awsome in your engine bay and everytime i opened the hood people went crazy over it. check our site sponsors for it. Yes it is costly but well worth it if you stay NA or go Turbo. Check the sale section, u can get them around 6 - 700 dollars used

BBTB: if u really feel u need a larger throttle body, u need one that is port matched to ur Intake Manifold or you will still have a bottle neck and that woud make it pointless. So if u get with an NGM intake manifold, go with thier BBTB too

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok.. .so for my birthday it seem that i will be asking for a cat back exhaust and possibly a IM

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Ok.. .so for my birthday it seem that i will be asking for a cat back exhaust and possibly a IM
wow, wish i had rich parents that would spend $1500 on my birthday..:3_headsha

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wish i had rich parents........ This is from me and my wife to me!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
if you go to NGM's website now u can get the stg4 upper IM for $900 on sale. Normally its $1050. People who have had the upper and added the lower said they didnt notice much diffrence at all. I was more than satisfied with the upper. U can also get DC exhaust on sale too there i believe until Feb 28th? maybe, but its close to that date that the sale ends

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool... i will keep that in mind

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
umm not sure, i didnt get to do a before and after but here is a comparison to show what it does do

This is an 04 GT 6spd Tib with AEM CAI, DC headers and exhaust (no cat) and mafterburner tuner at the same dyno as me

And this is me, same dyno shop and everything as him. 05 GT 5spd AEM CAI, stg4 upper IM, DC headers and exhaust (no cat) and apexi SAFC 2

You can see where his HP peaks and goes back down to redline and mine stays about the same to redline and i gained a few more whp. Remember to look at the HP line and not the torque!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.