Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. i need to know which is front and back of headers.

2. i also need pictures from the bottom looking up at the headers..

3. how do u re-route the o2 sensors so they dont hit the headers and burn.

4. Do the headers touch the oil pan?

5. And do i have to take/bend the starter shield to put the o2 sensor in the front on? it doesnt seem to fit

plz help fast..

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
i dont have ssa's, but i can answer some of your questions

1. only 1 will fit right, the upper o2 sensor bung should be in about the same place as it was on the stock one, if you put in the wrong one, you should know it immediatly

2. dont have any sry

3. just zip tie them out of the way so they dont touch the headers

4. mine didnt

5. i never had that problem

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright i got 1-4.. i just need 5 answered.. anybody out there know what to do? the starter shield is in the way of the o2 sensor..

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RedTuscani2k3 said:
alright i got 1-4.. i just need 5 answered.. anybody out there know what to do? the starter shield is in the way of the o2 sensor..

BUMP... SOMebdoy helP ME!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
4. The edge of the one flange may almost touch the oil pan edge (like a paper thickness gap). But this is in no way an issue to be concerned about.

5. Shouldn't be. My starter shield was in no way interfering w/the front (or primary) O2 sensor for the front header. Unfortunately, none of my pics have the right view you are looking for.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
if its in the way of you removing the o2 sensor from the stockers, then just unclip the o2 sensor and take hte header manifold off and take the o2 sensor out once its off the car, then put the o2 sensor in the new header manifold before you bolt it back up, then just clip it back in

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have ssa's .. I simply removed the shield, and used a pair of sheet metal snips to notch the shield where the o2 sensor goes, once you do that be sure you notch enough so it doesn't rub ... that took care of the problem for me... if you need any more help message me and i can walk you through what ever you need ...

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright.. i got it.. all on.. 3 day event... the longest 3 days EVER!!!. at least i learned alot

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
RedTuscani2k3 said:
alright.. i got it.. all on.. 3 day event... the longest 3 days EVER!!!. at least i learned alot
Yeah no kidding, good to see people do their own work ... congrats man ....

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol nah i didnt do my own work.. i had help..

THANKS TO EVERYBODY THAT HELPED ME!

·
Registered
356 Posts
LOL I feel your pain, it took me about 8 hours over 3 days to do in my apartment's parking lot. It was definitely worth it but I'll never do it again.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
welcome to the "i went through that **** install" club. If ur like me it sucked so bad that when i sell the tib the headers are going with it

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
05Tib said:
welcome to the "i went through that **** install" club. If ur like me it sucked so bad that when i sell the tib the headers are going with it
Definitely! Taking them off and putting the stockers on is definitely NOT worth the money I'd recoup from selling them.

·
Registered
390 Posts
OMG!!!!! what a F***ing mission for these headers, first i couldnt get out the bolt behind the a/c line , so i had to vent the damn thing. Next i had to remove the blower and manifold to reach on the back one and when putting it all together the top bolt on the alternator will not line up because it has a plastic cover on the back that was hitting the manifold header. After 2 hours with that damn alternator finally got it. 4 hours yesterday, and 8 hours today. Im fried man. Oh yeah it sounds like sh*t like a civic, so im gonna have to go back tomorrow and retorque everything [email protected][email protected][email protected]!
i will never again in my life do this again, bolts kept falling all over the place , luckily i was able to recover all.

headers where ssa

1 - 15 of 15 Posts