Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I need help diagnosing these Evap codes because iam going to take my car to the emissions testing facility again. I failed the first time and went back after I replaced a part that I got after a mechanic scanned my car with the big fancy iPad looking scanner. He told me it was the knock sensor and vent valve solenoid I bought the solenoid and put it on then drove for a long time 100+ miles and no my 02 oxygen sensor , catalyst and Evap are not ready when I take them to get scanned at autozone their system doesn’t even recognize my car thier scanner just goes to a screen that says input car miles and when the autozone worker plugs it in he has to put my vehicle info and it doesn’t detect anything. I’ve used other scanners at other parts stores and some work but take very long to get any codes I will post what the codes say here I will also add, this problem didn’t happen until I took it to that mechanic shop to get scanned. My battery post is a bit loose also I might add but it’s tight enough where it won’t move unless I apply a bit of force.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok so I need help diagnosing these Evap codes because iam going to take my car to the emissions testing facility again. I failed the first time and went back after I replaced a part that I got after a mechanic scanned my car with the big fancy iPad looking scanner. He told me it was the knock sensor and vent valve solenoid I bought the solenoid and put it on then drove for a long time 100+ miles and no my 02 oxygen sensor , catalyst and Evap are not ready when I take them to get scanned at autozone their system doesn’t even recognize my car thier scanner just goes to a screen that says input car miles and when the autozone worker plugs it in he has to put my vehicle info and it doesn’t detect anything. I’ve used other scanners at other parts stores and some work but take very long to get any codes I will post what the codes say here I will also add, this problem didn’t happen until I took it to that mechanic shop to get scanned. My battery post is a bit loose also I might add but it’s tight enough where it won’t move unless I apply a bit of force.
I had that problem when I got my 08 gs 3 months ago, the problem for me was becuase the timing belt was off so all those codes were on, usually to clear those codes you have to go on the highway and drive consistent speed of 60mph for 10 miles or so

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does your speedometer work? It's throwing codes that would make it seem like it wouldn't.

my speedometer seems kind of off but I think it’s because my wheelspeed sensor/ abs sensor is damaged the harness got cut in half so I haven’t been able to reconnect the wires so I get a code to get a code for those sensors but I’m not sure if it would effect my odometer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had that problem when I got my 08 gs 3 months ago, the problem for me was becuase the timing belt was off so all those codes were on, usually to clear those codes you have to go on the highway and drive consistent speed of 60mph for 10 miles or so
Thanks for the reply, I tried this already I ran like 140+ miles and my check engine light still stayed on along with my 02 , cat and Evap monitors blinking on and off saying they’re not ready

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You checked your timing belt?
not yet I went to have it scanned at an auto repair shop and these are the codes that came up. The wheel speed sensor code is not important to me as I know why that code is going off. The wire got cut in half so that’s why the abs/whee speed sensor threw this code but the other codes like p0010 those I do need to figure out what they are and how to use them to fix my problem. Other symptoms my car has is it feels very slow upon accelerating up hills after I run it on the highway for a bit. In the morning when turn it on the acceleration is perfect until after I get off the highway or the car runs for a bit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts