Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a code that popped up for the first time about a month ago. The code is a generic evap malfunction. I have changed the gas cap, fuel tank pressure sensor, purge solenoid, charcoal canister sensor and have searched for breaks in vacumme lines and power wires from the sensor to the pcm. I am about to pull my hair out. I have not dropped the gas tank to check the hoses on top of tank yet. I cant smog my car without this code gone. I do have headers and cold air intake. I did have to modify one of the o2 sensor locations but I have no codes except for the p0452 which I have never seen with either of my tibbys.
Any assistance is appreciated.
Thank You

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fixed the p0452 by taking sandpaper to the filler spout so that the gas cap could seat properly. code went away. Now I have a p0501 code which is a speed sensor code. My rpms is now limited to 5k. I replaced the right front side speed sensor but the light came on again with that same code. I took the left side sensor out and cleaned it and now my ABS light comes on and stays on. Going to test drive the car now to see if the p0501 code returns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts