Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people. Well men i have here to many fristration with the refill. I left the car in a ac repair shop and the issue was my air its cold but the system didnt reach the numbers of temperature for do the cycle. This car touch the 35degrees for do it. So. Before when my ac was so badly i refill my self using a only single gauge and i do it with the outside temp and i always left the car like 35psi in the system and wirks excellent. So i told that to the guy and he told me that no work like that. And refill my car using the lable has the car. So its like i didnt do anything because my car yes its cold but its cold when its runing and when its in idle didnt drop the temp for the system do the cycle. I need to know if here in my country every day in summer hit like 90 my car using that freaking label its on 30psi. Its ok or need refill ?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Your post is hard to understand, but if it's blowing cold air I wouldn't worry too much about it. Stick a thermometer right in one of the vents and make sure it's blowing significantly colder than the outside temp. If it's 90 outside the vent may only get down to 70, where if it's 70 outside it may get down to 60 or so.

Your A/C guy is right--using the DIY refill kits doesn't work well because you're only looking at one side of the system. The only way to really properly fill is to measure both sides and/or completely evacuate the system and put in the measured amount shown under the hood so you know exactly what's in there.

·
Administrator
9,007 Posts
While I am not an AC expert, I do my own refills.
Car running, AC on, connect can (that has a gauge) and check pressure. I have several cans of R134.... older cans get it close, newer cans finish it off.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yes, your mechanic is correct. Fill from the amount listed on the vehicle. 35-40 psi on the low side is normal. 200-250 psi on the high side is normal.

With a a/c system in good condition, at best you can see a 30 degree drop. Most people will see around 20 degree difference.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, your mechanic is correct. Fill from the amount listed on the vehicle. 35-40 psi on the low side is normal. 200-250 psi on the high side is normal.

With a a/c system in good condition, at best you can see a 30 degree drop. Most people will see around 20 degree difference.
Exactly what i try to said.. the tech do the refill following the label of specs so when he finish i see the pressure gauge at 30psi. And my issue its the car its cold but not enough to do the cycle when its in idle. Only in number 2 of air flow. When i put in 3 the cold die a little and dont drop unless i touch the gas pedal. I feel a difference when he put this in 30 because bwfore was leak and at in 25 in 30 i feel a cold little more. So i ask if the label its only a approximate because he follow that abd lef t the car at 30psi. So i ask if always the car ac hold a little more than the label said because e o work here in 100 degrees sun light outside temp

·
Registered
498 Posts
Exactly what i try to said.. the tech do the refill following the label of specs so when he finish i see the pressure gauge at 30psi. And my issue its the car its cold but not enough to do the cycle when its in idle. Only in number 2 of air flow. When i put in 3 the cold die a little and dont drop unless i touch the gas pedal. I feel a difference when he put this in 30 because bwfore was leak and at in 25 in 30 i feel a cold little more. So i ask if the label its only a approximate because he follow that abd lef t the car at 30psi. So i ask if always the car ac hold a little more than the label said because e o work here in 100 degrees sun light outside temp
No, the label is specific. The system is meant to operate under specific conditions. IF a/c performance is less than desired, it can be caused by multiple things, not limited to parts failures. For example, having a condenser with poor air flow, like bent up fins from bugs/rocks/road debris

If air cannot flow through the condenser properly, the air temp inside your car will be warmer. Compressor efficiency can also be poor if old with many miles on it.

Realistically Id replace all the major components if performance is not as desired. accumulator/dryer, compressor, condenser, expansion valve.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That its the freaking problem all in my system its new. The only thing he told me when he refill the system was a wiggle in the low gauge when he put freon and he told me about that thing maybe its a fail in the expansion valve but after a little that wiggle stop and stabilize but he told me about purchase a genuine expansion valve but men.. i believed its low on freon. This its the long story short. I purchase a thermometer goes inside of the vent so i see how drop the temp or when its high up so i note when the car i touch the gas pedal the air coming a little more cold so. When its idle i feel like drop the cold a little and i confirm that seeing the thermometer. So i remember when my system was old i refill it with that single gauge came with freon sold in pep boys and i put the psi in 35 not at 30 and with the system very in bad shape works excellent its ironic with all new didn't work properly . I'm piss off with people at this shop saying ohh with that outside temp any air cold. So. Yes this car with whatever temp outside he do the cycle (when clutch engage and disange) i note this car didn't do the cycle of not touch the 35c in the vent temp so mine in sunlight i need to run the car for see the temp drop of i stop or left the car in a parking the temp high up to 41 or more and the compressor ever do the cycle and that could be damage the compressor. I hate when people said that or see the air a little cold and stop fill up the car correctly because see the inside cabin are cold you need to left the car with the correct amount . So i believed 30 its less than this car need i believed goes in 35 because i do it before. I read the outside temp and if said 80 to 90 its goes 35 at that was the instruction yes i know need to see the High side but never before i will have any problem with that.. i need to know of someone here left the car in 35 psi or 30 psi for see if mine here has a problem .. but he told me change the expansion valve

·
Registered
498 Posts
take a video of the a/c gauges on your car while the compressor is running. If the low side needle is fluttering, that can suggest moisture in the system. After a complete system replacement, it should be put on vacuum no less than 30 min, and once complete, verified to hold vacuum in same position no less than 10 min.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I'm not aware of any specific PSI that the system should be put to, and it depends on ambient temp as well.

The sticker under the hood specifies a weight in grams to put into the system. If they did that and nothing is leaking it should be fine. If you're not getting good results at idle that's not that uncommon, as not much air would be flowing over the condenser, though if raising the throttle a bit improves it without the car moving then the compressor may not be functioning entirely correctly and the increased RPM is helping it along.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
take a video of the a/c gauges on your car while the compressor is running. If the low side needle is fluttering, that can suggest moisture in the system. After a complete system replacement, it should be put on vacuum no less than 30 min, and once complete, verified to hold vacuum in same position no less than 10 min.
Well like i said. The needle fluttering when he start refill the system . Yes he do the vaccum and he left that more time for be sure like 1 hour then put freon and he note the needle is fluttering and he told me if the needle didn't stop moving its was a issue with the expansion valve but when he put the gauges back again all was steady. So. I don't know what can be but i believed before this happen to me and i put 35 psi in the system and all problem was gone. Right now i don't know before with bad ac system the car in idle make cold air.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well like i said. The needle fluttering when he start refill the system . Yes he do the vaccum and he left that more time for be sure like 1 hour then put freon and he note the needle is fluttering and he told me if the needle didn't stop moving its was a issue with the expansion valve but when he put the gauges back again all was steady. So. I don't know what can be but i believed before this happen to me and i put 35 psi in the system and all problem was gone. Right now i don't know before with bad ac system the car in idle make cold air.
Ok, then what was replaced, and who replaced it?

Its very possible you could have a bad part out of the box. We get at least one a week. Ive seen bad expansion valves brand new before. Ive seen bad compressors brand new too.

Like i said, if you post a video of your a/c gauges, we might be able to help further. Aside from that, A/c system is filled by weight, not by pressure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts