Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me where i can buy the cheapest maf sensor (mine is broken)?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how about the code? is it the same?

i'll try to give a call at kia agen for the price.

i've read from our forum members, that elantra & sante fa have the maf sensors. have anyone try it?

thanks for the info

·
Registered
939 Posts
Ah, another MAF sensor down. Bummer.

My new one cost 200 bucks from the dealer.

·
Registered
468 Posts
only 200? ****. I've been wanting to try one out because i think mine is bum... i'm losing power above 5K rpm. But I thought they were like $500!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my friend told me that mitsubishi have the same air flow sensor and i just have to find the same connection.

i've phone the hyundai agen and it cost me about 250.

i'll try to search other brand that might fit our tibs

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
lowsonoma1999 sells them for about $130

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
there are 2 used ones in the f/s forum for less than 100, y not get one of those? I thought about it since its so cheap, but just cant afford it right now after making some big purchases

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Lost?.....Are you buyin new NGM toys Hmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
phantom, dont know what your exat problem is, if your maf sensor is pysically broken or what, but if not

did you try cleaning it?

i had problems with my car stalling and running like crap, cleaned the maf sensor and it works like a charm!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
a mixture of wet dirt from a big truck clog my hks filter and my rpm starts to jump to 1500rpm at idealling.

so i took out my hks filter together with the maf and start cleaning it with video-tape cleaner. i was careful enough to clean the sensor but i broke the 1st filament. but the 2nd filament still attach and assume that my maf was broken.

my assumption was correct where the 1500 rpm went to 500rpm at ideal with couple of hestation engine problem.

i went to the agen and found out that our 2.7 maf sensor code is the same with 2.0 maf.

i could buy at f/s section but the only problem i'm not leaving in u.s. together with shipping and tax, i suppose i should buy at my place which is the same. a new maf will cost me B$385 convert, will cost around US$250.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
how'd you manage to break it? were you poking at it with a qtip to clean it or something?

i didnt touh mine, i just sprayed it with electronic cleaner and let it lean itself off. no contact whatsoever

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i use q-tip since i was unable to get the spray type at that time.

i've already search all places for used maf and now i've no other choice but to buy a new one. very unlucky for me.

i'll give another 1 week to find a used maf and then if i unable to get one, last resort to the agen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts