Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is making a noise like it is running but there is no water circulating. Does that sound like the pump is bad?

Didn't someone find a plug and play replacement pump on ebay? What is the part number, I need it ASAP.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
talk to rickna
The Devil

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
MrPhotoman said:
Mine is making a noise like it is running but there is no water circulating. Does that sound like the pump is bad?

Didn't someone find a plug and play replacement pump on ebay? What is the part number, I need it ASAP.

Thanks
Hello,

It sounds like it could have accumulated an air pocket. When this happens, they will make a groaning noise. Take of the hose going back to the top of the resevoir and blow back through it and then fill the hose with water while you hold the hose straight up and blow back through it again to push water back into the pump. This should reprime the pump. If this doesnt help and you need a pump, I have the Bosch pumps for $150.00.

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nextgen03gt said:
Hello,

It sounds like it could have accumulated an air pocket. When this happens, they will make a groaning noise. Take of the hose going back to the top of the resevoir and blow back through it and then fill the hose with water while you hold the hose straight up and blow back through it again to push water back into the pump. This should reprime the pump. If this doesnt help and you need a pump, I have the Bosch pumps for $150.00.

Thanks T.C.
The hose that goes from the resevoir to the intercooler (intake manifold)?

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.