Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I work at a used car dealership and we recently acquired this 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited which we plan to sell for a very affordable price, however the seats that this car has at the moment are just not going to allow us to sell the car, I'm wondering if anyone knows of options to get seats or seat covers, also if someone is selling seats for this car Id be happy to buy them, I saw the Katzkins seat covers online and think its an awesome choice but it just takes way too long and we have to sell this car asap.

Thanks
tibu.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, in most cases you only have 2 options... recover the seats or replace the seats. First, you didn't post up a location so it's kind of hard to find out what's available near you in terms of used seats. Second, it may take longer to get said seats than to just recover what's already in the car. You also haven't posted any pics of the seats to show what's wrong with them in the first place. And you haven't said whether it's all the seats or just the front seat(s) that have problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, in most cases you only have 2 options... recover the seats or replace the seats. First, you didn't post up a location so it's kind of hard to find out what's available near you in terms of used seats. Second, it may take longer to get said seats than to just recover what's already in the car. You also haven't posted any pics of the seats to show what's wrong with them in the first place. And you haven't said whether it's all the seats or just the front seat(s) that have problems.
Thanks for replying,
So it was all the seats that were damaged, I actually ended up buying cloth seats from another 2008 Tib, unfortunately they weren't the limited edition red leather seats but it should do to sell, I'm actually in Texas so if anyone is interested I have the 2008 Tiburon GT limited with 83k miles on it here: 2008 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Cpe Auto GT Santos Motors | Dealership in Lewisville

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
542 Posts
LOL your $500 trade-in is selling for $7k? Get out of here. Furnish receipts of a recent Gates timing belt & water pump job and maybe it's worth $5k... but that thing is a ticking timebomb with that age and mileage.

Reactions: 351FUN

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean 83 thousand miles is not bad at all, also we base our prices on a national dealer prices and we are a fair price compared to them. Also of course our price is higher than a individual selling their car on the street because we are an established dealership with more than 6 years of experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And no it wasn't a trade in haha and if it would've been a 500 dollar trade in like you are saying then the vehicle would be on sale for way way less. The vin of the car is in our website you can look it up yourself

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
542 Posts
No that mileage isn't bad but it's still a ticking time bomb due to age. I can't tell you how many times new Tiburon owners join this site or the FB groups excited about their new-used dealership car and it blows a timing belt within a few weeks. If you care for your customers, replace the whole belt/pump kit, please. That car is 23k and 10 years overdue. At that age and mileage it should be well into its 3rd timing belt by now. The interval is 60k mi or 5 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks for the info, I had a mechanic look at the car like he does with all of our cars before announcing them online, but what with you are saying that's something well definitely look into, I am not a Tiburon expert so I cant argue with anyone on this forum

·
Administrator
9,007 Posts
ok thanks for the info, I had a mechanic look at the car like he does with all of our cars before announcing them online, but what with you are saying that's something well definitely look into, I am not a Tiburon expert so I cant argue with anyone on this forum
Tibs (and Subaru which I have dealt with since 1998) have mile and calendar timing on rubber timing belts and other things.
These are interference engines, break a timing belt, spend money.
I can look at a timing belt and say it's bad......but an old belt 10 years old may look good just before it breaks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Tibs (and Subaru which I have dealt with since 1998) have mile and calendar timing on rubber timing belts and other things.
These are interference engines, break a timing belt, spend money.
I can look at a timing belt and say it's bad......but an old belt 10 years old may look good just before it breaks.
This right here. "When in doubt, yank it out."

Any vehicle I buy without service history gets an oil change, spark plugs, and a timing belt (usually water pump too) right off the bat. Also a valve adjustment if applicable (not for the Tib, more for the older Subies). That being said, good luck finding a used car dealer that's willing to do a timing job for preventative maintenance before putting the car on the lot. I've done a lot of used car inspections, and trust me when I say that dealers do the bare minimum to make them sellable. Any penny spent in the shop is a penny off their bottom line for monthly profits. I'm not saying there aren't good dealers out there, I've just never seen one myself. Lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in Aiken, SC and just took a set of the red leather out of my 07 GT Limited. The passenger seat is mint and the rear seats have never seen a human behind on them (I’m a golfer so always had seats down so could fit in my clubs). The driver seat however needs some work. Couple tears from getting in and out. I swapped them for the cloth seats from a local guy who totaled his Tib. Cloth is better for our pets. I can send pics if you still need some. Shipping be a ***** though or meet 1/2 way somewhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I work at a used car dealership and we recently acquired this 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited which we plan to sell for a very affordable price, however the seats that this car has at the moment are just not going to allow us to sell the car, I'm wondering if anyone knows of options to get seats or seat covers, also if someone is selling seats for this car Id be happy to buy them, I saw the Katzkins seat covers online and think its an awesome choice but it just takes way too long and we have to sell this car asap.

Thanks View attachment 136989
I live in Aiken, SC and just took a set of the red leather out of my 07 GT Limited. The passenger seat is mint and the rear seats have never seen a human behind on them (I’m a golfer so always had seats down so could fit in my clubs). The driver seat however needs some work. Couple tears from getting in and out. I swapped them for the cloth seats from a local guy who totaled his Tib. Cloth is better for our pets. I can send pics if you still need some. Shipping be a * though or meet 1/2 way somewhere.
Hello I have a 2007 gt with the red seats which I hate. Both front seats are horrible and have rips in them. I am located in Ohio. If you guys have any suggestions to get them redone or replaced please help. I am a girl and new to this. the whole car s pretty much done but these seats. not sure how to post pics but I think I have it looking awesome. Trimmed out w nice system. Definitely get a lot of attention with this car. or even suggestions on making it better that would be great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts