Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...

The car runs on the stock MAP Sensor clamped at 4.46v 500rpm to 800rpm, it has a issue that none can seem to figure out, some days it boosts like crazy, some days it stuters... If it starts stuttering, I will pop it in neutral rev it a few times to 5k+ and the put it back in gear and it'll boost...

Sometimes when I put it in neutral and try to rev it to relieve the issue it won't rev past 3k, then I let it sit a second, rev again and if it revs past 4.5/5k it'll usually boost fine...

So, ok, I went and got a 2.5bar MAP Sensor because I had three shops and a few people on here explain the fact that even though I'm clamping the stock MAP Sensor, I still am blowing out the diaphram which could still generate the issues...

OOOkkk...

So, I bought a 2.5bar MAP Sensor, I got it today finally... stuck it in the car...

Now I know some people here have had issues sticking the 2.5bat MAP Sensor in their car and it not starting, well, mine started just fine...

So, I tried to drive it leaving it on the 4.46v clamp from the eManage-Ultimate, it's not drivable on that clamped to 4.46v...

So, I clamped it to 0.00v (so no clamp) and it was drivable but when slightest boost came on the car bogged down.... and then I clamped it to 4.40v and same thing, the car was drivable but when boost came, it bogged...

So, idea's ? I was going to try clamping it to 3.30v, but I don't know...

i also wanted to see if the fking shop even put int the eManage settings correctly (for the engine code and what not) but I can't find the correct settings anywhere....

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
it's weird it's actually reading all the vacuum right. or it doesn't but it's working. do your emanage manage the injectors directly? sparkplugs? or does it work like a piggyback? is your map sensor plugged in emanage or into the stock ecu?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apkraven said:
it's weird it's actually reading all the vacuum right. or it doesn't but it's working. do your emanage manage the injectors directly? sparkplugs? or does it work like a piggyback? is your map sensor plugged in emanage or into the stock ecu?
Well,
I'm not 100% sure on my information, because the shop that installed the eManage were *******es and didn't want to admit that they didn't know what the hell they were doing when it came to the eManage on a tiburon... (not many do...)

So... According to my information...

the eManage-U is directly controlling the injectors, the stock MAP Sensor is still hooked up to the stock ECU (because the stock MAP has the IAT Sensor on it (Intake Air Temp.) however, the eManage is using the GReddy MAP Sensor for it's calculations... So the idea was to phase the stock MAP sensor out by clamping it to a certain voltage...

I have three MAP Sensor's on the car (yes, three)

1 - Stock MAP Sensor (used by Stock ECU)
2 - GReddy MAP Sensor (used by GReddy eManage Ultimate)
3 - GReddy MAP Sensor (used by GReddy Pfec-E01, because the dumba$$es at GReddy didn't think anyone would want to use the Pfec-E01 with the GReddy eManage-Ultimate (black/silver) instead you can only use the Pfec-E01 with the GReddy eManage (blue) to share the sensor's (I know, a$$ backwards... since the ultimate is the newer of the units... makes no sense))

And final, yes it is reading vaccume correctly...

Also another tid-bit of information

with the Stock MAP Sensor, I throw a CEL, which just tells me Crank Sensor Malfunction... (well, gonna run down the road and double check the codes here in a sec, but thats what it was last time)

With the 2.5bar MAP Sensor I get no CEL... I ran the car for about a 1-2hrs messing with the clamp voltage and what not... no CEL... however soon as I stick on the Stock MAP, start it up, hey, guess what, CEL ~! lol

So, I think I'm seriously missing something either in the eManage vehicle configuration OR the settings... I still think I'm gonna try to clamp it to 3.5v across and see what happens... or maybe if I wanted I could do some math and figure out what .5bar voltage should be on this 2.5 bar map sensor, clamp it to that voltage and then that should be clamped as stock .5...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooo yea, another bit of info...

With the 2.5bar MAP Sensor in and clamped at 4.46v the car acts like it does on those "bad" days.... So I really feel that the MAP Sensor is the key here...

Maybe I should just try to clamp the voltage to what would be a .5 bar MAP Sensor and see what happens... damn it, why didn't I think of that while I was under the car ;)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hm well, just tried to put the 2.5bar MAP Sensor back on the car and the car starts up then dies within 10 seconds... settings were all the same as when the car was starting with it before... so I'm confused now...

·
Registered
888 Posts
labmixz said:
hm well, just tried to put the 2.5bar MAP Sensor back on the car and the car starts up then dies within 10 seconds... settings were all the same as when the car was starting with it before... so I'm confused now...

lab get online.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i'd start from getting couple voltmeters and see each sensor voltage before the emanage and after it's clamped. the problem should be in them,so look how it works.. check the feed voltage of each, should be about 5v without much interferences...

if you throw a cel of the crankshaft, you could have messed up it's connection, but it's not much possible..

why couldn't you just split the 2.5 bar map sensor's signal in two and feed onе to profec and one to emanage?

i have a stock map sensor and a 3bar gm map for prs2 .

so that should really be as that:
1bar sensor should be connected only to the stock ecu. with a zener diode or some clamp like a splitsec vc-2 on voltage about 4.4volt, not interfered with emanage in any way.
other sensors should not be clamped..if you want, use all three, but ensure they all have stable power and grounds. you get the idea i think,

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
the last thing you could try, check both voltages (of 1 bar and 2.5 bars) at idle and try to clamp them at the 1 bar idle voltage. i think then the car should idle fine with 2.5bar map ... but this test should have no senseб so first message should give you another viewpoint at your problem..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts