Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm putting together a shopping cart on your site, but i wanted to make sure i'm getting all the correct bulbs in the right colors for the right places. since i'm new to the sizes and output and whatnot.

so i've got

1157 Dual-Color 48-1210 SMD 1157 Dual-Color 48-1210 SMD

- Resistor Kit
$54.99

1157 24-5050 SMD 1157 24-5050 SMD

- Color - Red

- Resistor Kit
$49.99

1156 24-5050 SMD 1156 24-5050 SMD

- Color - White

- Resistor Kit
$49.99

194 1 Watt LED 194 1 Watt LED

- Color - Red
$6.98

- Color - White
$6.98

i'm thinking the first ones for the front turn signals,
second one for my brake lights,
third for the reverse lights,
fourth for the side city lights on the taillights
and fifth for the small city lights in the headlights.

what am i missing? and are these all the right size for each application?

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,436 Posts
i'm putting together a shopping cart on your site, but i wanted to make sure i'm getting all the correct bulbs in the right colors for the right places. since i'm new to the sizes and output and whatnot.

so i've got

1157 Dual-Color 48-1210 SMD 1157 Dual-Color 48-1210 SMD

- Resistor Kit
$54.99

1157 24-5050 SMD 1157 24-5050 SMD

- Color - Red

- Resistor Kit
$49.99

1156 24-5050 SMD 1156 24-5050 SMD

- Color - White

- Resistor Kit
$49.99

- Color - Red
$6.98

- Color - White
$6.98

i'm thinking the first ones for the front turn signals,
second one for my brake lights,
third for the reverse lights,
fourth for the side city lights on the taillights
and fifth for the small city lights in the headlights.

what am i missing? and are these all the right size for each application?
Hello!
All of those are correct, and will fit perfectly.
Thanks!
Paul

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,436 Posts
The 9-5050 SMD bulbs will not fit in the license plate housings or the side markers on the Tiburon. They're big!

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so maybe just the 5-5050's for the license plate and side markers.

for the relays, will i just need them for the front blinkers? or the rears too? you think i'll need them for the brake lights or the reverse lights too?

which size fits in the rear blinkers? 1157 or 1156, or are those the same size just different colors?

sorry for all these questions id just like to get my order ordered correctly the first time :)

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,436 Posts
It's fine, totally understand!

You mean resistors- you will most likely need them for front and rear, and then if you replace the brake light with LED, most people lose cruise control because it is on the same circuit- this is fixed with a set of resistors as well. Reverse lights are OK without.

The rear turn signal is 1156, the brake light is 1157. They are different sizes.

Thanks!
Paul

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK i think i've got it pretty much ready. Except for the turn signals, you said they are the 1156 size but they only come in white and amber. If I have the redouts on my taillights which one will make it look red, or do the 1156's come in red?

License plate bulbs
194 5-5050 SMD

- Color White
$11.98

Front and rear city lights
194 5-5050 SMD

- Color Red
$23.96

Front blinkers
1157 Dual-Color 48-1210 SMD

- Resistor Kit Include with Order
$54.99

Reverse lights
1156 24-5050 SMD

- Color White

- Resistor Kit No thanks!
$39.99

Brake lights
1157 24-5050 SMD

- Color AmberRed

$49.99

Rear blinker
1156 24-5050 SMD

- Color Amber White?

$49.99

How's this look? Got the right bulbs for the right spots, and the recommended resistor kits? Sorry, this should be the last one, I just don't want to order wrong :)

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,436 Posts
I would get the 1156 in white, the redout will make it look red in there. Then if you take the redout off in the future I'd be happy to send you amber.

Other than that, looks good! Everything in stock.

Thanks!
Paul

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,436 Posts
Sure! It will ship out today.
Thanks,
Paul

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,436 Posts
They left you a notification, you can pick up the package at the PO :)

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
picked them up from the post office yesterday and didn't have any issues with the install and everything arrived perfectly. but i did have a few questions.

1. the dual color changing bulbs for the front blinkers: when the lights are off it will just blink amber, thats fine, but when the lights are one, the white stays on but when you turn on the blinker the white stays on and the amber just comes on as well. is it suppose to do that, or are they suppose to alternate? i installed the resisters with them as well. its hard to tell the blinker is on period at night with the white on all the time.

2. the brake lights in red just don't strike me as that bright. i left the stock bulb in to check and it almost looked brighter, are they suppose to be brighter? same with the blinkers.

3. will installing the resisters on the brake and blinker lights help them be brighter? or is there a "break in" period?

4. my taillight side markers aren't coming on period, pretty sure the bulbs are good, what can i check here?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
picked them up from the post office yesterday and didn't have any issues with the install and everything arrived perfectly. but i did have a few questions.

1. the dual color changing bulbs for the front blinkers: when the lights are off it will just blink amber, thats fine, but when the lights are one, the white stays on but when you turn on the blinker the white stays on and the amber just comes on as well. is it suppose to do that, or are they suppose to alternate? i installed the resisters with them as well. its hard to tell the blinker is on period at night with the white on all the time.

2. the brake lights in red just don't strike me as that bright. i left the stock bulb in to check and it almost looked brighter, are they suppose to be brighter? same with the blinkers.

3. will installing the resisters on the brake and blinker lights help them be brighter? or is there a "break in" period?

4. my taillight side markers aren't coming on period, pretty sure the bulbs are good, what can i check here?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1. I also have them. They are supposed to do that although they are not that noticiable. Unfortunatly the way the tiburon is wired the white does not turn off When we have the lights on. Paul is working on a solution

alright, they are fine during the day but at night they just aren't noticeable.

2. Stock bulbs Rely on a reflection of the Tail light housing. In reality they are brighter however without the 360 degree disapation of a stock bulb the LED does is brighter but in a more narrow perspective.

do you know what the lumen output of the stock bulb is?

3. The resistors are just there to trick the car to believing it is a normal bulb so when it recieves the turn signal it does not blink faster. Also it enables cruise control. There is no break in period and will not make it brighter. Thanks

thanks

4. Do the Stock ones work? If they do I am positive it must be the bulbs.

yes and no, my left one would work sometimes and other times it wouldnt. i just never knew until people told me they saw it. the wiring looks good, no nicks or flaws. coulnd't find any relivant fuses or anything either.

hope this helps

JD

PS- ZOMG Helpful post

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,436 Posts

In addition to JD's helpful information, here's some more:

1. My manufacturer and I are working on this issue, as I have very recently been made aware of it (first by JD, actually). I didn't really think about it, I have them in my car and didn't notice it, I guess. But anyway, the manufacturer is making a whole new run of them with the "cancel" wiring installed as necessary, the estimated time til delivery is September 1st. Then I will ship new ones to everyone who has ordered.

2. As JD has said, they are the same brightness. I made sure of this through tests between these bulbs and 7 other options that my manufacturer made- I ended up going with these as they're the brightest. The main advantage is the brighter single point of the LED, which is good for nightshaded tails as it does create a "brighter" effect. But with stock tails, you won't really be able to tell a difference. The real MAJOR advantage of LED tails, though, which is why they're becoming more and more used, is because they are instant-on, which a) gives a clean look when braking during day or night and b) gives a better reaction time to the drivers behind you, as they come on instantly.

4. If you have a voltmeter (or just stock bulbs, I guess) I'd make sure they're coming on. A lot of Tiburons have this issue, where these stop working. My halogens were both burnt out prematurely, but I've had LEDs installed for a couple months with no issues. Seems to be a "stock wiring defect" problem much like the 03 HVAC controller. Anyway, make sure the stock bulb works in there first, then take a look at the LED and make sure the wire on the bulb is making contact in the socket.

Thanks!!!!
Paul

1 - 20 of 22 Posts