Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i decided to do my springs today cause my dad said he had done them before. Also i knew if i fvcked up it wouldnt matter cause the tib is undriveable anyway (needs clutch). So my dad ended up dropping the strut out of the hood area (where the strut bar bolts in). Needless to say it won't line back up and we cant take it out cause he stripped the bolts.....:3_frown::3_steam:

I am frustrated:3_fyou

·
Registered
400 Posts
what did he do launch the ****er by taking off the top nut and bend the strut cap A. get a new strut cap B. get it aligned to the best of your abilities and slightly bevel the tower for the bolt that wont line back up

nvm if he stripped em buy a new strut cap i think they're like 60 bucks at the dealer make your dad buy it

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The clutch needs replacing! so my parents said that its not worth it to fix they might just sell it!! I'm FVCKING PISSED OFF!!!! and if it does get fixed they said it would take 8 months until they decided to have it fixed.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
yeah man... i feel for ya.. i have a bad wheel bearing and im not driving it till i get that fixed... and who knows how long that'll take..

·
Registered
659 Posts
Solution: Find a better job.

If transportation is needed, borrow $ then find another job.

Some places are ****** to work at but they know it, so the pay is half decent. Unstucks ya until you can go to college or w/e plus you have some $ to spare. :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

Some places are ****** to work at but they know it, so the pay is half decent. Unstucks ya until you can go to college or w/e plus you have some $ to spare. :)
Couldn't have said it better myself. If you want something bad enough, you'll work hard enough to get it done. Just have to figure out what things in life you consider priorities. If your car isn't a priority, so be it. But otherwise, time for another job.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I leave for school in less than a month, no time to find a new job just to work there for a week.

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
all the bolts on the tib strip so easy.

Cheap metal. I can't tell you how many nuts and bolts I stripped when I was parting out.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Damn! sorry to hear that bro
but yea i have found working on the tib to be VERY FRUSTRATING! i try to save money by fixing things myself but sometimes the cheap plastic stuff tends to break ALOT! or bolts get striped =( but ahhh i guess breaking stuff just comes wth the job when you try to do things yourself, just gotta be careful ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Man...that's a drag for sure! But I'll tell you what.....I'd give ANY thing to have my dad be able to help me out no matter the outcome....he's been gone for a while now and I miss him every day of the week.....

-GS-

·
Registered
166 Posts
You only get one father. Are you sure bashing him on a hyundai forum is the best use of your time?

It's just a bolt.... if it's that big of a deal go ahead and cut the damn thing go to the hardware store and replace it.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man...that's a drag for sure! But I'll tell you what.....I'd give ANY thing to have my dad be able to help me out no matter the outcome....he's been gone for a while now and I miss him every day of the week.....

-GS-
I know how you feel my dad died when i was 6. I dont have any memory of him. Im talking about my step dad.

Luck is just not on your side latly huh?
No it is not! lol

hope u fix it bro
Yea i'm having a mechanic do it when they do my clutch.

You only get one father. Are you sure bashing him on a hyundai forum is the best use of your time?

It's just a bolt.... if it's that big of a deal go ahead and cut the damn thing go to the hardware store and replace it.
My father died when i was 6, this is my step-dad as you can see we dont get along.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts