Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have owned a 2006 2.0L tiburon for about 3 years now and it's been an awesome car but yesterday I purchased a 2004 2.7L and I have the engine out on a stand and am going to rebuild it with forged internals. any advice anyone has or places I can get the parts woukd be greatly appreciated.

After I get the rebuild done I am going to twincharge it so stay tuned for that and I'll keep everyone updated that is curious how it goes

Thank you in advance to everyone for your input and advice

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
296 Posts
Winberg crankshafts might turn you a new crank but it's wildly expensive. The OEM crank should hold 500WHP no problem. It's the transmission and clutch you need to worry about long before the crankshaft.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Do you know of a forged crank?
The stock crank is forged steel and has no issues holding power I've seen it at over 600hp without an issue. No need to try to upgrade I mean if anything get it cryogenic treated but to me even that isn't really needed. Also if you have a 6 speed them you don't have to worry the trans is plenty strong stock. You will just need a lsd , a good clutch and maybe axles all depends on how much hp you go with and how hard you launch it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stock crank is forged steel and has no issues holding power I've seen it at over 600hp without an issue. No need to try to upgrade I mean if anything get it cryogenic treated but to me even that isn't really needed. Also if you have a 6 speed them you don't have to worry the trans is plenty strong stock. You will just need a lsd , a good clutch and maybe axles all depends on how much hp you go with and how hard you launch it.
I do have the 6 speed so I'll look into upgrading clutch axles and deffinetley getting a lsd. I would've never thought tye stock crank would handle that much hp. How moch does it usually cost to get the crank cryogenic treated?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I do have the 6 speed so I'll look into upgrading clutch axles and deffinetley getting a lsd. I would've never thought tye stock crank would handle that much hp. How moch does it usually cost to get the crank cryogenic treated?
Id have the rotating assembly balanced and call it a day. The crank will hold more power than you can find aftermarket parts to hold or else you are going to be in custom part territory.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cp has forged pistons for these cars . And pauter has rods for these cars those are your options
I've been trying to find these brands and their websites but I'm having no luck. Would you by chance have a url for either of them?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Also does anyone have any suggestions for some aftermarket heads and cams?
There is no aftermarket head option for these cars the only thing you can do is get the head ported by a professional. Also there is no aftermarket cam options for these cars the best you can do is get the stock cam regrinded you can send it to crower for any cam spec you want . But here is a link to some of the most common cam specs so you can choose from any of these and send the specs to crower and they will do it for around 300 . Here's the link to the specs Cam specs and direct links for specs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay guys in in the process of saving up to buy my forged internals. In the mean time I was curious about my heads. I'm gong to send then to the machine shop with the block to be cleaned and ported. My question is what to do about my valves and cams. Can I just get a new set of springs and stuff or are there upgraded ones I should get. And for my cams what is everyone's opinion on what I should do with them

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all for the advise and input. I plan on turboing it eventually but I am going to build everything else up before so what other upgrades does everyone suggest?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts