Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I'm a crossroads with my Tiburon GT V6 and in short I need to get rid of it and get a new car. However, I'm not sure what to get. I was wanting a 350z but it doesn't have a backseat and I use the backseat and hatchback of my Tib a lot.

So I'm not sure if I should just get a new Tiburon, either a 2006 or 2007 and if I do should it be 4 cylinder or 6? or if I should get another car all together?

It should have a hatchback and back seats...two things I've grown to love about the Tib. But I would also like it to be a sports car/have performance....like the Tib...

Suggestions please!?

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
tib is not a sports car, and really does not have performance. Post up your price range and people will post all types of cars

·
Registered
72 Posts
Depends on your price range and what you really want. There's a highly used 350Z which can be cheap, MazdaSPEED3, used Mustangs (which have a good amount of space with back seats folded), highly used EVO's (VII-VIII), highly used STi or used WRX.

I was in the same boat and looking for another car, but honestly the Tib looks good, despite being FWD. Although, if you were going to get a new Tiburon, I'd suggest an I4. It just seems there are more things to go with the I4's. Although, I love my V6.

You'll be driving it...so...what do YOU want? :3_coool:

EDIT: Tib is no sports car as stated above. However, it is a good imposter in the looks department.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
get something else i say EVO if possible, or something with forced induction already so you dont have to mod it F/I

Although its fun being an underdog and modding for performance its nice to know that your car scoots already outta the box and you just pay for premium gas really lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yea I know Tib is not a sports car, but it's a good imposter sometimes and I've just recently grown accustomed to it. I know it has nill for horsepower but I love the handling. I have the V6 but I know it doesn't really add a lot of hp over the I4 but it does add more weight to the front end. I love going through the canyons here in LA so the handling is as important to me as hp is.

I was thinking WRX or EVO because I like the room in the back plus it has performance but I'd like to keep the car 2004-2007 and in the 12k-18k range.

Good suggestions so far guys.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Well you can find a bunch of Evo's for around 16 K dude search ebay or craigslist

just inspect them really

even an SRT4 is a good choice and they are cheap as heck now my buddy picked one up for 8000 recently

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
you also have to think about usability, are you going to need a car with any amount of cargo space? you ever go surfing or do trips and stuff a sports car is going to be pretty inconvenient, even buying small furntiture youd have to get it delivered

·
Registered
35 Posts
Alright guys, I'm a crossroads with my Tiburon GT V6 and in short I need to get rid of it and get a new car. However, I'm not sure what to get. I was wanting a 350z but it doesn't have a backseat and I use the backseat and hatchback of my Tib a lot.

So I'm not sure if I should just get a new Tiburon, either a 2006 or 2007 and if I do should it be 4 cylinder or 6? or if I should get another car all together?

It should have a hatchback and back seats...two things I've grown to love about the Tib. But I would also like it to be a sports car/have performance....like the Tib...

Suggestions please!?
the infinity g35 is like the 350 but it has backseats and a hatch... and its a two door similar to the tib but rear wheel drive... sure you could find and older one for a decent price

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Why not get a G35 if you wanted a 350Z with a backseat?
the infinity g35 is like the 350 but it has backseats and a hatch... and its a two door similar to the tib but rear wheel drive... sure you could find and older one for a decent price
Isn't that what he just said?

No wonder I made a "mean" post, it was number 666 for me.
Devil made me do it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
if your cars fine running good with no major problems then why not keep it ??? want more power turbo it !!! but the 2.0 genesis coupe is sick 26 gs even for canadain mrsp! a new v-6 is running like a g less so I would say the genesis coupe if you got money to spend the Z is way to small

1 - 16 of 16 Posts