Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so heres the scoop. I have the Sc-2 Kit, the fitment was less then perfect and the body shop i took it to mashed it nicely, looked good for a while and now is cracking like crazy. I have a few options;

1) get it fixed - the rear bumper about 2 inches down is cracking on both sides
- The front bumber same as the back. also the it doesn't line up with the driver side headlight and that would also need to be remedied....somehow
2) buy the front and back bumper again and get it fit properly by someone else.

or 3 ) get a different front and back bumper. This is where i need your guys help. I really like the wide kit and the rear quarter flares (think thats what they are called) but i need something that would look good with them. Any ideas? Here a a few pics to help.

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
The fiberglass on ANY SC-2 kit is going to be piss-poor--a difficiency which will become even more apparent in those cold Canadian winters. With the kit's current problems, I'm sure you can see what I'm talking about. As such, replacing the front and rear with the same crappy SC-2 bumpers will just be even more of a waste of money.

If you're going to get a different style, just remember to ONLY shop for high-quality fiberglass products since they'll be able to handle the climate you're in and any harsh road conditions. Just a few that I'd suggest off the top of my head are the Zefiro "Ronda", G-Games "Thunder", M&S Carart "Metaphor", etc.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i figured i'm gonna have to get a new kit, just want something to go withthe lines of the quarter panels

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
Shift21 said:
ya i figured i'm gonna have to get a new kit, just want something to go withthe lines of the quarter panels
Well, the SC-2 rear bumper really has nothing to do with the lines of the quarter panel, you should be fine with ANY other aftermarket rear bumper.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
get some new wheels first please! widebody kits with stock 16's is a no no. NO! get something less flashy until your build your car up a bit more appearance-wise. the ronda kit looks great on black tibs. or, if you still have your stock bumpers perhaps you can consider a lipkit. m&s type A looks mighty fine.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bcware said:
get some new wheels first please! widebody kits with stock 16's is a no no. NO! get something less flashy until your build your car up a bit more appearance-wise. the ronda kit looks great on black tibs. or, if you still have your stock bumpers perhaps you can consider a lipkit. m&s type A looks mighty fine.

lol i have rims on the car, was washing everything and took them off to clean them properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts