Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got a new Alpine HU for the car to replace my other aftermarket HU (an xPlode HU) cause it broke on me, anyways the screen is working I can put cd's in and out, text is displayed, I'll go to a radio station, or track on a CD I like to listen to.. turn the volume up, I get absolutely no sound, not even hissing, the wiring is right, took it to tweeter, and to best buy they said it looks correct, as well as my uncle whom is a mechanic, we can't figure it out, I did the OEM Subwoofer mod awhile back if that might have helped cause my problem, any input would be great! Thanks...

-Dave

·
How do you change this?
2,294 Posts
Is the HU brand new?

Also make sure all your wires are spliced correctly between the harness.

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,669 Posts
There is a wire in the stock harness you have to change around on the HU harness to turn on the stock amp. Its basically attaching the stock turn-on wire to the HU remote wire. Go search for it on here, its everywhere.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i cant find a camera, but anyways the ONLY two wires hanging out of the OEM harness are: A blue wire = Power Ant+, and a Orange with Black Stripes = Unmarked, wheres the Stock AMP in the car anyways?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Well your harness should have a blue wire which is the remote turn on for the amp. you said you have a blue wire from your head unit harness and a blue wire from the stock harness adaptor disconnected right? If so connect them and it hsoudl solve your problem. I konw teh remote turn on for hte amp is blue but I can't remember if there were two blue wires. Your problme I can almost guarantee is from you not hooking up your remote turn on to the stock amp. Try that and let me know.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Oh **** I think I got it, what's my remote turn-on lead of amplifier or signal processor?
The remote turn on is basically a power source that goes from your headunit to your amp that basically tells your amp to come on and off with your head unit so its not always on. Thats whats causing you to not have any sound, cuz your stock amp is never coming on.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok so the wire is not blue coming from the Harness, thats to power the antenna if i had one...the only other thing hanging from my OEM harness is a orangew/ black stripes wire, there is only one blue coming from the OEM harness its the P. Ant wire, there are no other blues.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.