Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally installed my Inifinity REF9613I 6x9's. For starters, this was one hell of a mod. Removing the rear panels we're a pain in the ***, let alone putting them back in. Started out by removing the rear seats then removed the seat belt hangers on the floor board to aid in getting the rear panels out. Finessing the ****ing panels out was insanely difficult. Everything pops back in place when it's finished but it's such a dick at the beginning.

With 2 hours of the day killed, these speakers sound incredible. It balances the entire atmosphere in the car. With the stock 6x9's I had a really hard time hearing anything above the tweeters. Now it the cars audio environment centers it's sound in the middle of the car. I love it ;-) :3_koning:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
indeed... i just got some brand new alpine S types... almost went with the ones that you got but didnt... it is a hell of a time puttin em in though haha... thats ok though... the 6.5s in the front are harder <_<

·
Registered
292 Posts
FLeiXiuS said:
Finally installed my Inifinity REF9613I 6x9's. For starters, this was one hell of a mod. Removing the rear panels we're a pain in the ***, let alone putting them back in. Started out by removing the rear seats then removed the seat belt hangers on the floor board to aid in getting the rear panels out. Finessing the ****ing panels out was insanely difficult. Everything pops back in place when it's finished but it's such a dick at the beginning.

With 2 hours of the day killed, these speakers sound incredible. It balances the entire atmosphere in the car. With the stock 6x9's I had a really hard time hearing anything above the tweeters. Now it the cars audio environment centers it's sound in the middle of the car. I love it ;-) :3_koning:
Question??
So do you have a factory sound system? "Infinity" ?
If so, you replaced just two back speakers if i gotcha right?
Thanks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shark04 said:
Question??
So do you have a factory sound system? "Infinity" ?
If so, you replaced just two back speakers if i gotcha right?
Thanks.
Yes, I had the stock infinty with the 8" sub in the back. But I have a JVC hu. I was shocked when I pulled the rear speakers out noticing huge JBL stickers all over the magnets. I figured it was infinity all around but I guess not.

·
Registered
53 Posts
FLeiXiuS said:
Yes, I had the stock infinty with the 8" sub in the back. But I have a JVC hu. I was shocked when I pulled the rear speakers out noticing huge JBL stickers all over the magnets. I figured it was infinity all around but I guess not.
So the tibs equipped with the infinity sound system has the following?:

Infinity cd deck
infinty front speakers
infintiy sub
JBL rear speakers???

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
no all the speakers in the car are from JBL...

JBL and infinity are basically the same company, it like nissan and infinity.

·
Registered
375 Posts
playtilithrtz said:
****!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
playtilithrtz said:

JBL and infinity are basically the same company, it like nissan and infinity.

wow didnt know that......I recall when I owned my 03 gt with infinity sound I clearly remember the front door speaker grills had a infinity logo on them.....talk about false advertising lol.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts