Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

New Intake Manifold to be Developed??

1K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  chris929 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Thanks for the heads up! ;)

-BRR

#10 ·
i prefer to buy ready products. companies do the investment , it's theirs goal making profit, profit needs investment.

#11 ·
apkraven said:
i prefer to buy ready products. companies do the investment , it's theirs goal making profit, profit needs investment.

You are not the only person that shares that sentiment, however, i will reiterate that were i to make the entire upfront contribution you guys would still pay for that R&D because the initial cost of the part would be higher... Since i'm doing it this way it effectively does 2 things.

No 1. Ensures me that if i have enough investors that there is a market for this part and this engine, and gives me incentive to develop more products still for this platform

No 2. Allows me to pass the savings of the intial costs on to everyone

No 3. One guy gets a free one because i've made a contest for the investors... a chance at which is well worth the $35 investment considering the manifold will likely cost in excess of 10x that amount.

So basically you're objecting on the basis that the manifold might not make significant gains. I would interject, however, that it's not very difficult to make better gains than a stock IM...

so hopefully that explains my position on this.

#12 ·
Boostology said:
You are not the only person that shares that sentiment, however, i will reiterate that were i to make the entire upfront contribution you guys would still pay for that R&D because the initial cost of the part would be higher... Since i'm doing it this way it effectively does 2 things.

No 1. Ensures me that if i have enough investors that there is a market for this part and this engine, and gives me incentive to develop more products still for this platform

No 2. Allows me to pass the savings of the intial costs on to everyone

No 3. One guy gets a free one because i've made a contest for the investors... a chance at which is well worth the $35 investment considering the manifold will likely cost in excess of 10x that amount.

So basically you're objecting on the basis that the manifold might not make significant gains. I would interject, however, that it's not very difficult to make better gains than a stock IM...

so hopefully that explains my position on this.
I personally think that's a brilliant marketing strategy. :3_bier:

#13 ·
yeah, i don't mind if everyone around me will believe and pay.i'll be only glad, it's just my position , i'm from ukraine and i just still can't believe that paying somewho around the ocean i can win something:)

#15 ·
iLoveScotch said:
id like to hear what the ideas for this manifold are that are going to be vastly different and better than the currently available airram.

Noone was saying the differences would be vast or better, although they might be i have some interesting concepts under my sleeve...however, it may be very well that even if the manifold isn't substantially superior peformance wise (which i still think it will be a nice jump up) it may be that we can either make a better quality product for the same price or an equivalent quality for cheaper simply due to what manufacturer i use and who i enlist to aid in it's development not to mention the fact that i have a habit of getting the best prices around to people on parts, or at least trying my best.

#17 ·
iLoveScotch said:
yea ill just wait for a finished product and some dyno numbers. thanks for the info.
Dyno #'s on a part like this are kind of arbitrary....normally one would upgrade an intake manifold on a 4-banger after other mods that necessitated an I/M are performed. It could net a loss on a stock N/A Tib, but yield a 10-20 HP increase on a Stage 1 Alpine turbo'd Tib, where it could get 25 on a custom setup, and who knows if it's port matched with a ported/polished head or cams...etc. Nitrous guys would see a gain too, if they can spray on a dyno. Everyone will be different. These manifolds I believe are to cater to the modified crowd. (Which is a lot of us...)

I'm happy to support the endeavor, and I will invest as much as I can to see this make it through. The 'AirRam' just doesn't do it for me....lol...

-BRR

#18 ·
BestRedRide said:
Dyno #'s on a part like this are kind of arbitrary....normally one would upgrade an intake manifold on a 4-banger after other mods that necessitated an I/M are performed. It could net a loss on a stock N/A Tib, but yield a 10-20 HP increase on a Stage 1 Alpine turbo'd Tib, where it could get 25 on a custom setup, and who knows if it's port matched with a ported/polished head or cams...etc. Nitrous guys would see a gain too, if they can spray on a dyno. Everyone will be different. These manifolds I believe are to cater to the modified crowd. (Which is a lot of us...)

I'm happy to support the endeavor, and I will invest as much as I can to see this make it through. The 'AirRam' just doesn't do it for me....lol...

-BRR
^ what he said ;) Well put ;)

#21 ·
monkman33 said:
Wow, i come back to check on this forum after being gone for a while and i still see some old-timer names. wow!
We're still kickin' it old skool, bro!

-BRR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.