Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now that my turbo project is complete ( thanks duffer! And matt!) I have a new list of parts I need now. Any one have any ideas on good parts or anything let me know!
1. Turbo timer
2. Better tune
3. Motor mounts
4. Drilled and slotter rotors
5. Alcoal injection
6. A place to pay for inspection in NJ
7. Maybe 3in pipeing for intercooler

Any info would help !

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6psi now gota say she pulls like crazy till 120mph. And isn't even tuned. Can't w8 to hit a dyno and see what we got!

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
i think 3 inch ic piping is way to big for anything under 12 psi but thats just my opinion and alky isnt need untill like 8-9 psi maybe 10 motor mounts are a must just got full polys for 90 shipped =) if ur gonna do brakes get the xg350 brakes and what do u plan on using to tune>?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She's hot under there lol and it keeps trippen the maf heat sensor so I figured bigger
pipes will fix that prob.
Mounts are a def because my front has a slight crack. And this is my dd so alky is just for safty and also lets me turn up the boost a little if I want.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
idk if bigger pipes will solve the problem with the maf sensor being to hot i may be wrong tho is the filter off the turbo down in the wheel well or is it in the engine bay?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All the way down there. No room up top. Don't like it down there tho..don't wanna hydro lock her up ya kno

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
yea lol dam i never heard of the heat in the maf before maybe get a oil cooler to cool the oil down going into ur turbo so its runs cooler?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ill look into that. Also not exactly sure it is the maf. I put the obd2 in and it sed im tripping a heat sensor ..I just figured it was in the maf I could be completly wrong lol

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
lol yea i never heard of that and if any one would kno it would be duffer because if u have tripped it he must have and if he didnt then idk are the turbo pipes wrapped?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep yep like crazy. Used anothr role pluss wut duffer gave me! And ill send him a PM or something once I plug that obd2 in again and see if it tells me what sensor im tripin

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
i still cant belive u drove it untuned i wouldnt try that sh1t lol u got any pix of the install? also what size injectors r u running

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha I litterly have hours of video of the install of basically every part and tons of pix. I have a few up in the member profile section. But I gota look thru them and find some good ones

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I say get some solid mounts.. Atleast for the front cuz I broke my full poly front after 2 months and the rear after 6 months.
But then again..... I was putting alot of stress on them. Yah I love to spin tires

·
Registered
686 Posts
oh man when I read you had it untuned and drove to 120mph, two things went through my mind:

1. Dear God it's only a matter of time...
2. Dear God it's only a mater of time...

I'll let you figure those out but in the meantime 3" is too big for small amounts of boost like you're running and again +1 for solid mounts. A turbo timer? you lack the patience of hanging around while the car idles for three minutes there young padawan?? Have you checked out Brembo or WIlwood for the rotors you're looking for?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha it had a basic tune ...just very rich ..don't wry nt rathtib will be fine. Im already looking for a dyno to get a pro tune. Just need to save a little bit 1st ya kno. Its been a lot of money invested so far. And duffers basic kit has 3in pipes from the get go. And I just want the check engin lite to go away lol. And the mounts will be ordered this week.

And with the w8in 3 min ..just w8 till u have to do it( if you go turbo) even in the begining its a p.I.t.a. Running l8 or need to go to work and u gota sit and w8 lol ..I have no choice now so I do it ..but people like me are the reason turbo timers were invented haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts