Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
SyndicAte said:
Thanks staw, and 4" no resonator :p, Cant rememebr the exact Muffler name, I know it's stainless steel Magnaflow ***** lol
WHAT???????? 4"??? are you freakin crazy? bye bye back pressure, bye bye torque....

·
Registered
819 Posts
looks and sounds pretty good, the vid was a little blurry- btw, I live a town over from you (Melrose) and have a midnight blue as well ('05)- don't have rims yet but yours don't look too bad. What's the deal with removing the resonator, does it help? I took mine to a shop to have them replace it with a piece of straight pipe and the guy told me to save my money because it wouldn't help, he said that if I was looking to increase noise and hp my best bet was to get a Hi-Flow Cat put on for $170- after researching on here I found from the threads I searched thru that nobody has gained either from a hi-flow and, if anything, it decreased sound so I'm more confused then when I started.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
he probably meant 4 in" tip. The piping is probably a 2.25-2.5" diameter. i have a magnaflow exhaust setup as well and i LOVE IT. How much did the setup cost you? and did your canisters go in straight? mine are slightly angled and causes a fitment issue with my rear bumper for the bodykit so i'm gonna have to take mine off and put another one on. =/

·
Registered
450 Posts
i would see a detailed write up of the parts used for this setup, like pipe size, muffler style, how the piping was run under the car(is it like stock), and so forth. cuz urs is a lot louder than mine, i couldnt even hear mine at idle. to me, urs sounds like the ssa exhaust.

·
Registered
450 Posts
JMMATT said:
looks and sounds pretty good, the vid was a little blurry- btw, I live a town over from you (Melrose) and have a midnight blue as well ('05)- don't have rims yet but yours don't look too bad. What's the deal with removing the resonator, does it help? I took mine to a shop to have them replace it with a piece of straight pipe and the guy told me to save my money because it wouldn't help, he said that if I was looking to increase noise and hp my best bet was to get a Hi-Flow Cat put on for $170- after researching on here I found from the threads I searched thru that nobody has gained either from a hi-flow and, if anything, it decreased sound so I'm more confused then when I started.
i didnt have a resonator on my setup. mine was 2.25" piping all the way back from the stock cat, it looked just like the stock piping(location and setup wise, and the mufflers were magnaflow. IMO, the removed resonator didnt help me gain anything nor lose anything. i wouldnt remove it if i could do it again, the only thing that i thought was wrong with it, is that it had a little raspiness to it. personally i would leave it on.

now for the high flow cat, get one. its simple as that. you can find a magnaflow high flow cat on ebay for bout $60 or maybe less. and a muffler shop wouldnt charge hardly anything to put it on. just cut out stock one and replace with new one. to me, it makes the exhaust a little louder but just a little bit more raspier. but you cant tell the raspiness, you can tell the louder exhaust tho.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol sry my bad 4 inch Tips sorry, as for the piping i dunno the size I know the ppl who work there (that's how I was able to help) and I told them to do what they think is the best they know it alot better than I do, I'll take some pics from under the car later, It costed my $500.00 even for everything, tips included, and the vid is blurry cause my phone video camera sucks lol

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
myslow1 said:
WHAT???????? 4"??? are you freakin crazy? bye bye back pressure, bye bye torque....
Pssssst,
i hate to break this to you.....but car's requiring back pressure for low end tourque is the biggest myth since the tooth fairy. car's with large exhausts produce less less low end power because there is MORE backpressure at low flow rates.....you run into someting called turbulent flow....and its all bad. If you want i'll break out my thermodynamics text books and mathmaticly prove it to you.....or you could just ask any pipe fitter you know....its a well known fact in that profession that too large of a pipe size for any given flow rate will cause more backpressure than the correctly sized pipe.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts