Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just joined the community i got a 2008 automatic tibby. (i know automatic sucks) but as many of you know it’s few and far between you find one clean. i can post pictures but just happy to be apart! anyone have any ideas of things i can start off doing? eventually i want to get to a supercharger but any specifics for intakes and such? thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
8,716 Posts
Hey guys i just joined the community i got a 2008 automatic tibby. (i know automatic sucks) but as many of you know it’s few and far between you find one clean. i can post pictures but just happy to be apart! anyone have any ideas of things i can start off doing? eventually i want to get to a supercharger but any specifics for intakes and such? thanks guys.
Welcome to NT.
Assuming you have a V6?
Do maintenance before anything else. After that, plenty of threads that cover suspension, engine, etc.

Make sure the timing belt was changed within the last 60,000 miles
(Figured I would do the honors since dmdicks is no longer active on these forums :cry:)
Reminder, rubber bits also have an age limit. Sooo....a old car with low miles can still break a belt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to NT.
Assuming you have a V6?
Do maintenance before anything else. After that, plenty of threads that cover suspension, engine, etc.

Reminder, rubber bits also have an age limit. Sooo....a old car with low miles can still break a belt.
yes v6. i actually got it right after the new year so i’ve had it for like two months. i got a new battery, i put in a double din radio. So i may check out the belt next, i’m not the most mechanically inclined being but i do know what i’m doing most of the time. i fixed the side view mirrors since they came cracked. I need to fix the e brake cable it is disconnected and i may need new ball joints or shocks due to a slight thumping sound in the rear. but as i said it is a challenge to find one of these in decent condition and besides the mirrors the paint is clean and it runs well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all. I'm new to the site. And a new Tibby owner. I scored a 2007 Tiburon GT V6 Tuscani 5 speed. I was kind of iffy about the purchase, but I was sold on the test drive. Any ideas and help I could get about servicing this engine would be appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts