Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Tiburon Owners,

My name is, Marianna, and I'm new to this site. I own a 2006 GT V6 Tiburon. My baby's exterior is black with tan leather seats. I bought the car in May 2020 with around 46,500 miles. I couldn't resist buying it after the test drive, I knew I had to take it home with me.

I have been reading some of the posts on this site and I had to make an account, so I could communicate with the community of Tiburon owners.

Driving the car in Minneapolis, MN, I have hit a few potholes...I try my best to drive over them slowly, if I cannot avoid them. However, around the end of March 2021, I hit a pothole in the middle of the night and it dented my front passenger side rim. I had to get a replacement for the time being.

I am considering going from size 17" to 16". However, I like the idea of having 18" for the style. Any thoughts on rim sizes for the Tiburon, especially when driving around the city with many potholes?

I need to get new suspensions cause my rear ones are leaking and because I read that it will help with the bumps/potholes. I want something that is smooth and durable. Any suggestions? I would prefer something that isn't going to cost me a grand or more, but also something that isn't cheap and will have to be upgraded often.

Nonetheless, I'm excited to be a part of the Tiburon community and socializing with all of you!

Thanks,

Away2Mars

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey welcome to the club? Lol... I would recommend getting 16s if your area is filled with potholes, your less likey to bend a rim, 18s first pot hole you hit you can say bye bye to those new rims... my area is pretty good and I wouldn’t go 18s just because you cannot hit anything, 17s are a bit better though... I’d suggest 16s

As for the shocks I’d probably stay stock, coilovers will either wreck your car or your rims if you hit any big potholes, so I’d stay stock but don’t get eBay shocks, they will lift your car and are bouncy and stiff, stock ones would be your best bet, if it’s any cheaper to just the the shocks and have a mechanic swap it onto your old ones you could do that...

but yeah bad roads you pretty much want as much rubber as you can and a stock suspension, unless you manage to find rally racing shocks lol 😂

1 - 2 of 2 Posts