Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new mod coming up for my Tiburon. Subtle compared to some, yet would definitely set off the car for anyone riding with me. A few pictures of just part of what will be installed:





Two questions:

How did I do on that fabrication? (I know, I know, the switch isn't completely flush with the backing)

Any guesses what it will be for? (not performance related)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Looks like a switch that goes in a dead button spot...would appear it can be used for anything needing an on/off switch...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,221 Posts
for some kind of exterior or interior lighting....

and you need to learn to use the closeup macro on your camera

it looks pretty clean but it sticks out too much for my taste, would have used a smaller switch if it were me....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Goldenguy said:
I have a new mod coming up for my Tiburon. Subtle compared to some, yet would definitely set off the car for anyone riding with me.

Any guesses what it will be for? (not performance related)
Ejection seat?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
^^^^^ Thats hot!! ^^^^^
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,477 Posts
Just looked back and noticed you were from Indy. We'll have to get together sometime for an install party or something.........when it's not 20 degrees outside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, this 20 degrees crap rather sucks. Especially since I more or less have to work in it.

A switch for interior lighting it is. And to be real honest, I would have preferred a switch like the ones we can order from kspec and such, but definitely would have to be a blank, rather than having writing on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
lol ejection seat :p

good work on the button you could always paint over the store bought ones if you want, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
ummm... that could basically be for anything electrical... give more clues sheesh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
dude you could have just gotten one of these buttons too. you can find them at pretty much every autoparts store in north america lol. its really easy to flush mount on anything and its pretty factory looking too. I used mine for interior lighting as well...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,704 Posts
fleishelja said:
dude you could have just gotten one of these buttons too. you can find them at pretty much every autoparts store in north america lol. its really easy to flush mount on anything and its pretty factory looking too. I used mine for interior lighting as well...
I've always wondered why people dont wire up their interior accent lighting (like underseat lighting and floor lighting) to the leads for the coutesy lights, or the dome light. That way they turn on when you open the doors. just a thought...... thats what im going to do with my floor lighting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,074 Posts
Spitzer said:
I've always wondered why people dont wire up their interior accent lighting (like underseat lighting and floor lighting) to the leads for the coutesy lights, or the dome light. That way they turn on when you open the doors. just a thought...... thats what im going to do with my floor lighting
It depends on what you want them to do. Some people want to be able to turn them on whenever they want. A switch works better for that so you don't have to open your door or whatever. Different strokes, ya know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That round switch does indeed look nicer than the one I have. OEM would be great (my preference actually), but the issue of finding one in blank format is what gets me. Although, I guess, I could get some non-blanks, and perhaps paint over what isn't blank or something like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,959 Posts
why didnt u just go to hyundai and get a fog light switch and run ur wires to that. thats what i did and looks factory and clean i have no knock out(blank) switches in my car alot nicer than a toggle switch
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top