Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to site, too.

I work @ Toyota and we had an 04 4cyl Tib roll on the lot so I picked it up cheap.

Been looking around and noticed that no one is big on the 4cyl's, not a wide part variety.

And I'm also upset because I alos have a 91 Dodge Stealth that smashes this car to pieces, I need speed.

Any advice?!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Turbo the heck out of it and sell the Stealth for more parts for the tib.

·
Registered
514 Posts
There are afew dedicated turbos one of which is Next Gen Motorsports. Not much into turbos and I know enough to know that there are alot of people on here that can tell you alot more about a turbo kit for a i4. Sorry I cant be much help there. I would check Nxtgenmotorsports.com though. I hear nothing but good things from them.

·
Registered
639 Posts
alpine sells turbo for 4cy tib but i would suggest u go with seoulfur racing turbo kit. i think its around 4000bucks but that kit alone will bring u about 300whp. get some other parts like exhaust, and get it tuned and u'll hit 350easily. check out seoulfur's 450whp 4cy tibby. its a monster

·
Registered
869 Posts
virtualarson said:
New to site, too.

I work @ Toyota and we had an 04 4cyl Tib roll on the lot so I picked it up cheap.

Been looking around and noticed that no one is big on the 4cyl's, not a wide part variety.

And I'm also upset because I alos have a 91 Dodge Stealth that smashes this car to pieces, I need speed.

Any advice?!
go to the newbie forum

·
Registered
869 Posts
and my advice...you shouldn't have gotten a 4 cyl(no offense 4cyl owners) the 6 cyl are just a bit more peppy

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yea of course the 6cycl is better at stock. But with the turbo the 4 couldmt prolly handle it better. So ive heard from the thousands adn thousands threads like this

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting the 4 cyl, their block's somewhat stronger than that of the 6 cycl

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
virtualarson said:
I didn't know the 4-cylinder tibe were THAT slow.

Actually, 4-cyl Tibs are preferred by people wanting to turbocharge their rides. Adding a turbo will do wonders to the power output and embarrass both the V6 Tib and the Stealth.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
You need turbocharger. I know a nice turbo pack but it's in Korean, sorry. www.pross.co.kr

P.S: it's the Garrett GT30RS pack, and it can boost your car up to 530whp if you work well on it. I think KDMGuy's got it and he's got 420whp on his i4 Tiburon.

:D And congrats for your new Tib.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the advice, I think I'm going to get the kit off of that website, if it will load soon.

I'm going to have Hyundai install it so it doesn't void my warranty, takes the fun out, but atleast if they mess it up, I get it fixed for free.

·
Premium Member
3,168 Posts
No you should get a kit from Alpine. Why because #1) of the companies listed by anyone in this thread, NOT one is located in the US, except Alpine. 2) because there are already 10 members here that can help you anytime you need it 3) because Alpine warranties there kit if it is installed by a certified tech. I have about a million more reasons, oh and Pross doesn't export their kits so forget it.

Oh and I almost forgot the 2 biggest reasons you should buy an Alpine kit 1) dmdicks(a member here) is the man, plain and simple, he will help you with any problem, any time, and he knows his stuff. 2) they're on sale right now.

And to those who said he shoulda bought the 6 cylinder, you have no basis for that argument other than the usual, bigger is better. Cast iron block, DOHC, and responds exceptionally well to boost, hmmmm sounds like the same recipe Mitsubishi has used for the past 20 years with the 4g63...which also happens to still reside in the Evo...I think he made the right choice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts