Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share the news. Just purchased an '04 Tiburon with 16k miles on it. It's the 4 cylinder, chose the 4 on purpose. But I'm very very stoked.

I do however have a question/concern. It is under warranty so I'm not too worried.

When I rev the car up to any amount the engine revs down very slow. Is this supposed to be this way on the 4 cylinders? If not is it a common problem? If it's nothing I'll get used to it but if not I'm going to bring it into Hyundai soon to get it fixed!

Also, I paid 15k for it, seems like a decent deal for a car with such low mileage. Is that a fair deal?

I can't post a link to my cardomain page but as of now it's just stock.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Good luck with your new car and welcome to NT.

Happy Modding

·
Registered
799 Posts
Just wanted to share the news. Just purchased an '04 Tiburon with 16k miles on it. It's the 4 cylinder, chose the 4 on purpose. But I'm very very stoked.

I do however have a question/concern. It is under warranty so I'm not too worried.

When I rev the car up to any amount the engine revs down very slow. Is this supposed to be this way on the 4 cylinders? If not is it a common problem? If it's nothing I'll get used to it but if not I'm going to bring it into Hyundai soon to get it fixed!

Also, I paid 15k for it, seems like a decent deal for a car with such low mileage. Is that a fair deal?

yes it is normal, the beta 2 is wierd like that, but yes i did it to my 4cyl when i had it, and it was a 2006

so yup

·
Registered
87 Posts

Welcome to the forums! Make yourself at home, check out the site and ask if you have any questions.

Nice looking Tib, and I hate to say it, but you may have over paid for it. You said you bought it for 15K, well a BRAND NEW 2007 4 cyl. Tiburon starts at $16,595, so only 1,500 more for a brand new car.:3_confuse
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/tiburon/pricing/pricing.aspx

But it looks like a good looking TIburon. :3_winkthu Are you going to make payments and just drive it and love it, or are you looking to add some sweet sound, or any mods? Mods can sometimes make better performance AND better gas mpg, but usually when you have mods you tend to push it a little more, (Thus same mpg, just more performance :) )

Anywho, again , congrats on the tib, and welcome to the forums! :3_winkthu

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks for all the love. First time buying a new car, but no biggy. I looked around the area and saw a GT with 22k for 15k. I probably could have found a better deal but the dealer took my somewhat going downhill 1994 Mazda Mx6 and I didn't have to put anything else down. They gave me 1k for it. But only paid my buddy 1600 a year ago. So payments for the next 4 years but oh well I'm too happy to give a damn, and I would have probably just wasted that money on movies cd's and alcohol, lol. I like the look of the 07's but 2k is 2k. Overall I couldn't be happier. Went for an hour joy ride around the area here in Western Oregon. Loved it.

I definitely am feeling the itch to mod again. Used to do it religiously it was my life. I had a 93 mazda mx3 that I spent most my time on. A v6. I'll post it's old cardomain page once I get 5 posts. Definitely want to check that clear corner mod out. And first up will probably be something simple such as intake. Nothing too expensive atm.

What mods void the warranty? Do bolt ons such as CAI void the warranty?

Lastly, do your stock clutches engage about halfway up? I was expecting a new car and clutch to engage right off the floor, but that's not the case.

And anyone in the Oregon area hit me up!

By the way these are sexy *** forums, will definitely be spending some worktime here!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't mean to double post on my own post but finished signing off on the car. only 7% interest being 23 I'm fairly happy. But anyways made them buy my window tinting for me to bite on the extra insurance they offer :) So overall I know I'm paying an assload but I couldn't be happier.

Clearing my corners here as soon as I get a little time! Looking forward to fully exploring the site!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Still haven't found an answer as to warranty issues. Does modding a Tib void warranties? I'm talking bolt on parts and appearance mods.
The dealership has to be able to prove that the mod caused the failure. But it also depends on the dealership you take it to. Some dealers are ok with you modding so long as it's not extensive work (turbo: might be hard to prove it didn't wear out the engine sooner than normal) and some just say it's voided with the addition of a cold air intake. Of course if your head light fails and they try to blame it on your short throw shifter or something stupid like that, I'd fight em. Good luck with the Tib. Aftermarket for the I4 is much more extensive than for the v6, talk to kdmguy and deez (alpine right?) for some nice parts.

·
Lighting and Accessories
13,813 Posts
The dealership has to be able to prove that the mod caused the failure. But it also depends on the dealership you take it to. Some dealers are ok with you modding so long as it's not extensive work (turbo: might be hard to prove it didn't wear out the engine sooner than normal) and some just say it's voided with the addition of a cold air intake. Of course if your head light fails and they try to blame it on your short throw shifter or something stupid like that, I'd fight em. Good luck with the Tib. Aftermarket for the I4 is much more extensive than for the v6, talk to kdmguy and deez (alpine right?) for some nice parts.
Unless you're looking for an IM.

·
Former Staff
5,452 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. The slowness the car comes down off revs is because the heavy flywheel. A lightweight flywheel will change that.

I envy you for getting a 4-cylinder tib. I wish I'd done that because the ability to boost the 4-cyl over 300 whp is much easier than with the V6.

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. The slowness the car comes down off revs is because the heavy flywheel. A lightweight flywheel will change that.

I envy you for getting a 4-cylinder tib. I wish I'd done that because the ability to boost the 4-cyl over 300 whp is much easier than with the V6.
Enjoy!!

Why is that????

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I like white, very clean! I agree, clear corner them 100% and maybe even do the painting black as some members like I believe Staw did and a few others, looks stealthy unless you like the chrome look.

Happy modding! I say boost the heck out of it :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.