Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will update this more thoroughly later on but for now I will just skim the basics.

This here is a 1990 Nissan 240SX with the KA24E engine in it weighing at 2,600Lb's. Currently got a new head gasket in the back seat along with slave cylinder and other good things that needs to be installed to get this thing running. I bought it for $500 and plan on turning it into a weekend driver, hoping by completion to see numbers around 350rWHP. Currently it doesn't have LSD so we are going to, during this project install LSD from a KA24DE rear end because whats the fun of doing one wheel break stands huh? ;)

Lots of money needs to go into this car, the owner before me seems to have not cared at all for this car; ashes everywhere in the car, in the shifter, just very bad but me and my friend hope, within the next few years to make it one hot looking car.

Currently has 119,992 miles on it which isn't bad for a 17 year old car (Made August of 89).

So onto the only 3 pictures I have of it for now.

We are going to a look similar to the following picture (Same non-flip headlights and a two-tone red/black)

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
UPDATE on 11/29/06

Now if your wondering why we sprayed VTEC and Honda on the Hood.. it weighs a lot so its garbage and since we hate rice and super bored with DupiColor = Picture

And this is what I do with my friends car when I'm bored ;) ...

·
Registered
500 Posts
I am getting ready to purchase a 1989 240...woot. Good luck with the project.

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
240SX + Origin Bodykit + CF hood = sex!

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
That's going to be a nice project. Hope you've got deep pockets though, JDM parts have gotten super expensive lately.

Also keep an eye out for knock-offs. They're everywhere :(

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
Not bad. I'd fix the cancer, slap on some paint, swap in an SR and call it a day.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well today was a good day for Day 1. We ripped the seats out, cleaned up the interior and took the dash all out. It kinda struck today that I realized these old cars don't have airbags haha. Well, updated pictures tomorrow.

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
how do you have a job good enough in high school where you actually have enough money to sponsor this stuff? lucky!

If I wanted money in high school I was working 60 hours a week and going to school on the side. haha

That left me time for food and sleep.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
how much did that cost you

im looking for something similar...like a 2nd gen rx7 really cheap in pretty good condition

im trying to get a prospective of how much to spend..

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yellowwasabi said:
how do you have a job good enough in high school where you actually have enough money to sponsor this stuff? lucky!

If I wanted money in high school I was working 60 hours a week and going to school on the side. haha

That left me time for food and sleep.
I really dont know. Get asked that a lot, seem to come up with it one way or another but gradually, and no..not from a rich family Haha

seedweed..that car costed me $500

cly_tib, didnt even know it was on eBay :3_bier:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts