Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2.7 v6. Its beat all to hell but it's nothing that can't be fixed. Which is why I am joining the forums today. So I have ran into a problem. When I bought it and drove it home it drove fine. Over the last week its ran into a major issue. It always starts up fine, but some days it will drive and some days it won't. I let it warm up and it will start to drive but as soon as I hit the first red light and stop it won't accelerate correctly. It will act as if when I press down on the throttle that it wants to die. It is super boggy. To the point where I can't even drive. The funny thing is some days it will drive just fine. I took it to autozone and o'Reilly's and neither of their OBD-II readers would work on it. Anyone have any pointers on what it could be? I did a tune up (spark plugs and wires) and it didn't seem to fix anything.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey man sounds ruff lol I’d say start with the basics spark plugs like you said then new or clean the air filter, clean the throttle body on the inside around the plate, clean the mass air flow... basically clean everything regarding the air intake.. if none of that works try changing the tps or the mass air flow... if you can get one from a junk yard that’s your best bet... also do you know how old the gas is if it’s old get it out or run it though and fill up with premium, that **** works wonders to clean out your fuel system

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mass air flow I use rubbing alcohol and a q tip but be careful not to break anything or mass air flow cleaner... throttle body I use sea foam and a q tip, it works great for carbon build up... and for the air filter you can use a air compressor from the clean side or if you don’t have a paper filter just wash it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts