Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

I just put on new rims about 3 weeks ago ( Enkei CDR-9). Now the steering wheel shakes after I get to 120 k/m ...I just had the wheels balanced too. The Rims don't sit flush on the flange on the hub. Just wondering if anybody else has run into this problem and if there is sombody who know a good tire shop that knows what the hell they are doing..or else I doomed to drive slowly

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Never had that problem with mine.

What is keeping the wheels from sitting flush?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gamz said:
Never had that problem with mine.

What is keeping the wheels from sitting flush?

as I was told, there is about a 5mm space between the rim and the flange..stock rims, there is no space, so the new ones are too large, and therefor not properly balanced..

·
Registered
819 Posts
I've been having the same problem, once I get over 60 mph the steering wheel shakes- I just got some 18" rims w/tires and after they were put on I had them rotated and balanced but the same problem- I'm going back probably Thursday or Friday and I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Did you guys use hub centric rings? Most aftermarket wheels use a larger universal hub bore and you need the graphite rings to center the wheel properly.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Darkhamr said:
Did you guys use hub centric rings? Most aftermarket wheels use a larger universal hub bore and you need the graphite rings to center the wheel properly.
Ya

what he said

i have them on my rims and it works great, but for my winter wheels, yes i get a bit of vibration at high speed due to the hubs not matchin up....

OH BTW why are you putting on nice rims at this time of year???????????????

should have waited until spring to bust out those bad boys :3_withstu lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where do you get those hub centric rings?

I had Konig Sidways Rims before... but couldn't stand the way they looked .. I needed a change NOW

·
Registered
869 Posts
sharkracer04 said:
where do you get those hub centric rings?

I had Konig Sidways Rims before... but couldn't stand the way they looked .. I needed a change NOW
Any tire place should have them.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Darkhamr said:
Any tire place should have them.

Yeah, he's right, the place that installed the tires mentioned something about them after I went back the 2nd time, I'll have to get them done on Friday since I'm broke until then, but supposedly they're pretty cheap anyhow. To answer the question above on why I got them put on now, I did it because I'm an idiot and didn't realize how much work it's gonna be keeping the rims clean through the winter, especially with all the salt they're gonna be laying down around here- but to be honest, I had a bubble in my front tire, no tread left either and heavily curb rashed rims and saw a good deal from Omega on here so I went with it and wanted to put them on right away, otherwise I def would have waited it out, but I love the rims.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
That's funny because I get that same problem when I go over 100Km/h with my stockers. I had my wheels aligned when I first bought the car, but didn't do much for the shaking. Getting new rims in the Spring, so that might change it, if not, will have the dealership look at it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts