Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
2 or 4 ohm

if you are running 3 4 ohm DVC subs and you want to use one amp your only option would be a 1 ohm stable amp that pushes 1200 RMS.

and you would have to wire your subs up like this

Amps that you would need to look for would be 1400 Watt RMS @ 1 ohm Stable.
Couple of options
Hifonics Zeus XX ZEUS 1 Channel D Amplifier - if you get this online you can possibly pick one up for under $400
most of the other amps that fit these specs are $900+ like the next best amp i could find to match this setup is the Memphis MOJO amp and it is $1600

or if you run 3 separate amps all you need to find is an amp that is 400-500 watts RMS @ 2 ohms
which you can get these amps for 150-300 fairly easy.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Hey cycon82, if I am reading your pictures yellow writing right, it says, "Wiring for speakers with 6 OHM DVC, this eguals a 4 OHM Load"! So my question is, if he wires them like that and he has 4 OHM DVC's, doesn't that mean he will have a 2 OHM load, and not a 1 OHM load? Just going by what writing is there, if he has 2 OHM DVC's then all should be fine! Just wanted to clear it all up. His best bet may be 3 small amps, that way he can stay in the lower price range! L8R

·
Registered
843 Posts
i did not realize the picture had that on the top...Sorry.

the final load on the amp would realy be 1.33333...so i would see that as a 1 ohm load to be on the safe side. and most of the amps that are out there if they sense a load of even 1.8 ohms...they will shut down.

and if it were my setup, i would do the 3 separate amps as well. I like being able to control the phasing of each sub to get the most out of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.