Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i'm considering replacing the speakers in my 03 tib. I have the infinity sound system. I am planning on getting components up front and some good 2-ways in the back. I know the tweeters will need some custom work, but for the speakers themselves...do any just fit? I mean without adapters or mdf rings? I would really love to pull the panel, pop the old speaker out, put the new one in and put it all back togeather. What are some good options that have been used with little to no modification of the brackets and such? Please post model #'s and sizes if you happen to know. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
any 6x9s in the back fit fine and the panel just pops off.. as far as the front speakers you can use 6.5 inch ones with an adapter.. or get 6 3/4 inch ones.. which arent too common... the speakers i bought came with an adapter though and it fit fine... but for those.. you have to take the whole door panel off which can take some time if you havent done it before...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help...i've pulled all the panels off before...so i know what is involved there :) For the fronts, is there any kind of depth concern there, or is there plenty of space?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
there really isnt any concern for depth in the front... im sure it will be fine with any 6.5s that you get... just be sure to hook the speakers up to the bracket that the stock ones were on because it makes everything easier...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts