Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PSQ Series by Power Acoustik

In past years, square, triangular, hexagonal and pentagonal subwoofers have tried to change & excite the marketplace. The very simple fact is that if you have any given area, a square woofer will yield the most cone area which means higher SPL. Even so, most square woofers have been poorly designed and do not meet the expectations. The PSQ subwoofers are engineered from the ground up, and do yield higher SPL than any of our other subwoofers!

• 28% More Cone Area Than Round Woofer
• Stamped Steel Basket w/ Rolled Edges
• Aluminum Voice Coil Former
• Direct Wire Terminal Design
• Injection Molded Polypropylene Dust Cap
• Silver Polypropylene Cone
• Multi-Roll NBR Rubber Surround
• Vented Back Plate
• Suspension Integrated Tinsel Leads

Power rating listed is MAX. RMS of these subs is 900 Watts. That puts them 100 watts RMS below a L7 and 300 watts RMS ABOVE the L5

Once I get these available/in stock who's interested in a group buy/sale? If you haven't heard a square sub your missing out. For the amount of space they use up they hit HELLA hard!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea on a price?
Not yet. I'll update asap after I'm able to actually order them.

They gave me an estimate, but I don't want to release faulty numbers. I'll check back monday and see if the price is set in stone yet!

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
i might want two. do you do boxes as well?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you wanting custom or pre-fab? I have pre-fab ported and sealed for both subs, but don't really do custom boxes anymore (I'm such a perfectionist on boxes that I spend so long on figuring the tuning that it's hard to make money....)

·
Worst Overall NT Member of 2010
6,782 Posts
i want 4-5 ply boxes for spl. most likely i would drive there to get it, due to shipping is a **** load

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, no I don't do much of that. I'll probably be building my own just out of 3/4" mdf. Fiberglass the inside and it's good enough for me. I'm still debating on if I want 2x 12" or 3x 10"....

Or may 3x 12's lol idk

I don't know how much trunk I'm willing to give up!

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
how does the sound of this sub compare to the stock sub?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts