Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this possible?? After research, it looks like the stock sub in the Infinity sound system for my car is an 8 inch at 2 ohms and about 100 watts..

This sub is blown, and a new one is too expensive and not worth buying...

Sooo... I would like to get a Rockford Fosgate sub with the same specs and put it in the existing enclosure. Once I pull the old sub out, I am hoping the wires are self explanatory and I can just "plug-and-play".

I am really just looking for stock sound, maybe a little better, with a dependable, nice sub.

Can I do this??

·
Registered
792 Posts
i dnt see y nt..there might b a couple things you have to do with the wires but nt 2 much i think

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I have a Rockford Fosgate P2D28 sub comin in. It looks like I may have to modify the stock enclosure a little bit but that is really just cutting back some of the mounting post that mounts the stock sub up to the back/inside of the enclosure. Seeing as how the Fosgate does not mount from the rear, cutting this back will make a decent port hole. Once I get the sub in, I will take pics of the modify and install just in case this turns out to be a great gain for cheap and easy as a DIY.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts