·
Registered
558 Posts
Mother Of God! Whyyy!

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All custom work done by me and a friend, box is built exactly to specs, There also a 4 channel mp that matches powering the 3 way infinity 6x9's and infinity component set. Also a 40 farad cap with an optima battery, and dont forget the kenwood double din touch screen

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also there is a custom floor piece in there if you didnt notice which was hell but came out nice

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I hope that you either have a garage or a really nice alarm system.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I still have 2 alpine type R 15's in my old car running off a 1200 phoenix gold and that **** drilled... youll be needing a hearing aid pretty soon ;-)

·
Registered
673 Posts
RedTibby04 said:
Jesus Christ! If that doesn't hit around 155ish, I would get my money back.
you would be surprised by what it really takes to get that high!
I know of people with 3 15" Memphis mojos that can't so better than 153's

it is a nice setup, but watch those type r subs...
I'm not trying to discount your setup, but i don't feel like alpine really has it together yet on building a great sub.
also if you start to notice the sound of the sub moving over the frequency it delivers(metallic noses and rattles that come with a sealed box) get some loose insulation and fill those boxes..it will clean up your sound and give you a deeper more precise response

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cycon82 said:
you would be surprised by what it really takes to get that high!
I know of people with 3 15" Memphis mojos that can't so better than 153's

I'm not trying to discount your setup, but i don't feel like alpine really has it together yet on building a great sub.
also if you start to notice the sound of the sub moving over the frequency it delivers(metallic noses and rattles that come with a sealed box) get some loose insulation and fill those boxes..it will clean up your sound and give you a deeper more precise response
The box is already packed with poly fill, I know what im doing for the most part since I do this for a living but It's still not completly done I still need to wire the rest up so I have not heard it yet.... but i'm sure its gonna hit quite hard!!!

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
05GT said:
I hope that you either have a garage or a really nice alarm system.

I have a garage and a viper 791 so I think im covered!!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
cycon82 said:
Really, well I know a lot of people that would disagree with that! Have you ever heard the type X sub's, yeah they got it together!

As far as SPL, if you want higher number's, you have to go tuned slot port in most cases, and stay with pairs of 10's or 12's, at least that was what I was told by a multi-record holding installer!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
WOW ! that's alot of bass for a little hatchback. I hope you're competing with the audio or attending other shows for all that work.

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I might just kind of a hobbie I do installs as a second job so I wanted to test my skill and did an entire custom set up

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kartunez said:
Really, well I know a lot of people that would disagree with that! Have you ever heard the type X sub's, yeah they got it together!

As far as SPL, if you want higher number's, you have to go tuned slot port in most cases, and stay with pairs of 10's or 12's, at least that was what I was told by a multi-record holding installer!
Well thats true in most cases but with 3 mono amp I did the box EXACTLY to specs each box is around .78 cubic feet it's one box with three compartments inside stuffed with poly fill! I had to do that because of the fact that there is 3 amps for 3 seperate subs. Have not finished hooking everything up quite yet but it will be loud I can guarentee that, also the ENTIRE car is getting dynamated, the floor, front and rear panels, the trunk floor and walls as well as the hatch should be finished in the next week or two will post pics when tottaly done

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
yeah i had the older type R's they hit good nice sq and pretty loud. i mean it doesnt have the quality of like JL but its alot less and sounds way better then lets say kickeer subs which u pay about 110 per sub for type R 12's and kicker comp vr 12's. atleats online where i buy my stuff. overall ide almost say alpine delivers the best combo for the buck for the guy who doesnt have like 6000 to drop into a stereo. what did u pay per sub if u dont mind me asking?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts