Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im kinda new to the prospect of supercharging and I wanted to know the suggestions anyone has to the type of supercharger, where to buy and also things I might need in addition like nicer fuel injectors, tuner, big bore throttle body or intake manifolds. I was looking primarily at NGM at their pretty good list of stuff for F\ I and i thought Id ask. Im not made of money so I cant go all out, but after christmas Im lookin at a stage 1 apline. Please advise!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
thez19 said:
Im kinda new to the prospect of supercharging and I wanted to know the suggestions anyone has to the type of supercharger, where to buy and also things I might need in addition like nicer fuel injectors, tuner, big bore throttle body or intake manifolds. I was looking primarily at NGM at their pretty good list of stuff for F\ I and i thought Id ask. Im not made of money so I cant go all out, but after christmas Im lookin at a stage 1 apline. Please advise!
Hello,

Here you go, you can check this out: http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88511

Thanks T.C.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already looked that over, and it gave me a basic overview of a few of the different setups which is good. But i just need to know straight up which would be the best for me. I dont have a manual, im auto with the sportshift and I dont plan on changing that. Ive heard that the alpines will run perfectly with the auto trannies and do just as much with no major additions on top of the supercharger. However, I just need some detailed info on things like fuel tuners, injectors, throttle bodies, intake manifolds and all that, I saw that some of those kits come with a few of those things like the NGM Assasin with the intake plus the injectors, etc. But thats a huge price, Id rather keep it below 4 grand total to be honest. I mean this is a pretty huge mod for me, dont really NEED it, but I know it will make the performance and driving on my tib out of this world more than it already is :3_smile: .

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Alpine < Sniper

;)

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Get the Sniper...

I really think this place is starting to give me early grey hair.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
thez19 said:
I already looked that over, and it gave me a basic overview of a few of the different setups which is good. But i just need to know straight up which would be the best for me. I dont have a manual, im auto with the sportshift and I dont plan on changing that. Ive heard that the alpines will run perfectly with the auto trannies and do just as much with no major additions on top of the supercharger. However, I just need some detailed info on things like fuel tuners, injectors, throttle bodies, intake manifolds and all that, I saw that some of those kits come with a few of those things like the NGM Assasin with the intake plus the injectors, etc. But thats a huge price, Id rather keep it below 4 grand total to be honest. I mean this is a pretty huge mod for me, dont really NEED it, but I know it will make the performance and driving on my tib out of this world more than it already is :3_smile: .
Hello,

The Sniper would be a nice set up for you to start with. I like the roots blowers on the automatics. They provide the low end torque right away making the otherwise sluggish automatic feel more aggressive right from the start. The kit is fully upgradeable and can add on as budget allows. The Sniper has a 300whp potential with the riight upgrades. The kit can be bolted on to a bone stock Tib with no tuning needed and can add the mods for more power as your budget allows.

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
05GT said:
Get the Sniper...

I really think this place is starting to give me early grey hair.
I've already a victim of this...

just get off NT.com for a couple of days and it goes back to your original color

·
Registered
3 Posts
similar question for myself. i'm getting the assassin s/c and i was wondering if a dc sports header and exhaust is enough to handle the airflow. i read somewhere that it might not be good enough considering the power that comes with the assassin. does anybody know for sure? thanks.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Bloody_Water04 said:
similar question for myself. i'm getting the assassin s/c and i was wondering if a dc sports header and exhaust is enough to handle the airflow. i read somewhere that it might not be good enough considering the power that comes with the assassin. does anybody know for sure? thanks.
You won't have any problems running the Assassin with the DC headers and exhaust.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From what Ive seen, the sniper will fit fin with everything, the assasin however iM not sure,

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
You do have to modify the stock hood for the Assassin to fit, but you can also buy some washers from a department store (not sure what size) and just raise the rear of the hood slightly. That = problem solved, I believe.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Bloody_Water04 said:
did you have to modify your hood to fit the s/c?
Hello,

You will have to modify the under structure of the hood to provide enough clearance, but once you cut it and use some black door edge guard around the cutout, it looks just like factory. I just finished a video install also to make installation a breeze.

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nextgen03gt said:
I like the roots blowers on the automatics.
Because you get blown, without having to pull your stick? :)

No, i agree.. this debate has been done, and all over again. Even though it might not be a "yes, but does it fit for ME?", it fits for you. I guess the sniper, as the majority says here, is good because you can upgrade it as budget allows, and has a 300hp potential.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
did you have to modify your hood to fit the s/c?
I bought hood spacers from Outcastperformance. I may see about making the cuts that TC made, but I'm not sure if the underside of the CF hood is the same as a stocker. I haven't really taken a look.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Seeing how Josh put down 240whp on a base Sniper @ 4 psi and all the normal bolt-ons headers, cat back etc. I think the Sniper will net you well over 300whp with the NGM upgrades available for it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Seeing how Josh put down 240whp on a base Sniper @ 4 psi and all the normal bolt-ons headers, cat back etc. I think the Sniper will net you well over 300whp with the NGM upgrades available for it.
I was thinking the same thing. Upgrade fuel and add an icebox to see what she can do... 300 should be a solid goal for anyone who owns a Sniper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts