Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the car world. I am looking to buy a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited Manual. It has been driven 107k miles and is a manual. I wonder how I could mod this car to make it faster on a budget, increasing both horsepower and torque. Along with that what is a good price for this car, it is priced at 4.5K looking to negotiate? and what other problems do i need to worry about? Any links to parts would be helpful. Thank You

·
Registered
386 Posts
The very first thing I would ask about at 107k is if the timing belt has been replaced, as well as the clutch. If its still running the factory dual mass flywheel, you'll end up having to do the conversion. Chances are, its already been done. I havent seen too many make it to 100k without having to do the clutch.

Aside from that, every car has its own unique issues. I cant think of anything really major on these cars that is super expensive aside from the above. They are generally solid vehicles. Maybe frozen parking brake cables, fan switches, maybe turn signal flashers. Actually those suck cause they are soldered to the fuse block. Cheap fix if you take it to the right person.

As far as modding goes, aftermarket performance support is pretty low for this vehicle now. You'll have to dig deep for engine stuff. I would spend some time on the main page of these forums and go through each category and learn about these cars. There are parts lists and all kinds of information. You'll be able to do your own searches from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts