Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently purchased a 2004 Tiburon GT Coupe for our teenage son. It did need repairs such as spark plugs, bushings/end links (suspension), brake pads etc, but overall runs well. Our son purchased a blue tooth stereo and we did replace the stock radio with that. Everything was great for a few weeks and then we were hit with the erratic turn signal issues, battery getting drained when he didn't realize the blinker light randomly came on and stayed on etc. We attempted to desolder/solder to replace the turn signal relay, but sadly that didn't go so well. We have ordered a used BCM with the exact parts number which should be here in a few days. Can anyone advice what steps we need to take once we install the replacement BCM? I have read so many different things as far as needing to have reprogramming completed etc. Any advice is appreciated. My son loves this car and we would love to get it all situated for him.

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,165 Posts
Probably obvious, but since you and your son are new to the platform, I recommend replacing your timing belt and water pump right away. As well as new pulleys and tensioner. We have a short 60k mile or 5 year interval and many people sell their Tib because they can't afford the $600 tab at the mechanic for a new one. We use Gates for the complete kit because it is OEM quality. Buy only from authorized vendors and stay away from eBay or other brands like Dayco.

Back to your BCM... There is a DIY for BCM replacement somewhere in the forum archives. Should come up with search terms "BCM DIY"

Since you have a US car you won't have an immobilizer so the key cylinder and BCM won't need to be reprogrammed. However, if you have keyless entry FOBs they will need to be programmed to the BCM. Otherwise it's a direct swap.

If you run into trouble with either, I am able to replace the relays on the BCM. I have a solder rework station and I've repaired a small handful of BCMs. Shoot me a private message if you are interested in the repair service and I'll give you a quote for the parts and labor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably obvious, but since you and your son are new to the platform, I recommend replacing your timing belt and water pump right away. As well as new pulleys and tensioner. We have a short 60k mile or 5 year interval and many people sell their Tib because they can't afford the $600 tab at the mechanic for a new one. We use Gates for the complete kit because it is OEM quality. Buy only from authorized vendors and stay away from eBay or other brands like Dayco.

Back to your BCM... There is a DIY for BCM replacement somewhere in the forum archives. Should come up with search terms "BCM DIY"

Since you have a US car you won't have an immobilizer so the key cylinder and BCM won't need to be reprogrammed. However, if you have keyless entry FOBs they will need to be programmed to the BCM. Otherwise it's a direct swap.

If you run into trouble with either, I am able to replace the relays on the BCM. I have a solder rework station and I've repaired a small handful of BCMs. Shoot me a private message if you are interested in the repair service and I'll give you a quote for the parts and labor.

[/QUOTE

Thank you for the information!!! If we have issues with this BCM, we definitely might need your assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts