Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I'm sure you guys get all of the dumb, well rather uninformed and learning newbs daily on these boards. I'm another one of them :3_smile:. I have a few questions about the tib and this site.

So car wise, how can you tell if there are any after market parts on the car? The owner who I just bought it from isn't really sure, except that I noticed there was already an "injen" cool are intake on it. The exhaust from the engine sound seems stock, but you never know. Other than that, can anyone tell me what/if any general problems the car experiences when it looses it's flash (the first year or so). I've heard about the air conditioning knob melting, or just not working... are there anymore defects like this I should be on the lookout for? I've already begun to adjust myself to the site and it's forums and have read many of the DIY's, but I'm just being thorough.

Other than that, I would like to know the general consensus on which interior products are the easiest to find and work the best for cleaning. Although, I'm sure you guys would probably rather I just look around myself (which I've done). There are just soooo many products.

Thanks, JHaslip.
(Just bought an 03 Tiburon Gt 2.7L V6) and leaving to pick it up.

·
Banned
3,990 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
welcome. biggest issue that the 03 tibs had was premature clutch failure. if its still the stock clutch, change it before it craps out on you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I just had everything buffed and detailed, it's looking pretty good. The clutch was replaced about 10k miles ago, so it's aftermarket. Is your guys' clutch stiff though? Mine runs fine and all, but I've heard that some cars clutches feel like a knife going through hot butter when you press them in. Mine isn't like that, so I was just wondering how all of yours ran.

Oh and I've heard about some valve or something that you should take out that all tiburons come with... apparently it makes you slip shift and such... anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Thanks guys, I just had everything buffed and detailed, it's looking pretty good. The clutch was replaced about 10k miles ago, so it's aftermarket. Is your guys' clutch stiff though? Mine runs fine and all, but I've heard that some cars clutches feel like a knife going through hot butter when you press them in. Mine isn't like that, so I was just wondering how all of yours ran.

Oh and I've heard about some valve or something that you should take out that all tiburons come with... apparently it makes you slip shift and such... anyone heard of this?
the slave cylinder on the tiburons come with a little spring inside of it that was supposed to be there to help slow down clutch engagement, to make for better ease of driving (women drivers, pretty much). if you take out that spring, you will get more of a direct, quicker clutch engagement, and it will help extend the life of the clutch by preventing this slow engagement, causing more slipping than needed.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
He's probably talking about the wiring behind the knobs that melts overtime and messes up the speed of the fan.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Yea it causes the fan to only work in speeds 3 in 4 I believe. There is a DIY somewhere on it to temporarily fix it.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Learn something new everyday on NewTib

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Craziness!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I was referring to the Slave Cylinder. I'm not exactly the greatest standard driver right now, as in I just started learning two days ago... so I'm not so sure I should then. I've driven a stick maybe twice when I was fifteen so... you guys definitely would have laughed at me today (killed it under an overpass). Anyway, is the slave cylinder still there if its an after market clutch?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It probably is still there. Just take a look.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts