Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking an opinion here ... I'm looking to get some new wheels to replace my stockers ... so far, after looking at dozens of wheels, these are the ones I'm liking the most ... oh yeah - these are for a Silver 2003 GT 6-speed

SSR Professor SP1 Black w/Anodized Lip

Thoughts? Opinions?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I plan on going the same color scheme. I have a silver 05 SE and i plan on throwing on some powdercoat black with the silver lip.....looks so clean.....do it

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think I just might ...

I also really like the little rivet looking things around the edge ... gives it a nice look.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I personally think the black with chrome lip scheme has been overdone the past few years. Of course there's a reason for that - because they do look fantastic whatever color scheme you have.

But as Sky J mentioned, consider weight as well. Perhaps some Volks or Gram Lights if you have the budget or some Motegi's for example. I don't know what the color of your car is, but i personally like the gunmetal or hyperblack look, as opposed to gloss black. I have gone back to good old silver alloy with chrome lip on mine...

But as they say 'round here - whatever floats your boat!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Sky.J said:
those are nice, but when looking into rims, also look at weight.
Why? Did he say he was racing? We drive 100hp fwd cars, I dont think weight is going to matter that much, unless your f/i

·
Registered
898 Posts
not bad, but with a silver tib, i'd go with a nice polished silver look

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

There's sort of a preview of what they would look like ... not very good quality, but it at least gives you an idea ... I've got the high spoiler & 15% tints on my windows, so it's not exact, but it's close enough to let me know that it'll look great.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are 18x7.5

1 - 12 of 12 Posts